Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Horrors of War 2 - Famous Fabrics

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by Nicnac, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Nicnac

Nicnac Member

2. Nicnac

Nicnac Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I have mixed feelings about these in fact. Having great people like Churchill and Doolite together with scum like Bin Laden and Himmler is not my cup of tea. They mix terrorists with war criminals and put them together with heroes and state men.
    ps: if they are going to paint a Swastika because it "sells" they could at least use the right colours so there would be an ounce of historiacal accuracy too.

4. Owen

Owen O

Why does the card of Himmler have the modern German flag behind him ?
    It's even out of context if it was the Weimar flag.
    If they didnt want to use the swastika flag they could have used the red white black used from 1933-35.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Germany

George Patton likes this.
  5. Nicnac

Nicnac Member

Thanks for your comments.

Full disclosure: I do not work for Famous Fabrics. I'm a fan of trading cards and WW2 topics in particular.

There were similar thoughts when series 1 was released. The way the publisher explained is that this is about the horrors of war, and not necessarily individuals represented in the artwork or cut signatures. Recalling series 1, the 'horrors' represented in the base card topics ran the gamut from actions by both (all) sides in all the conflicts covered. e.g. firebombing of axis cities.

6. Nicnac

Nicnac Member

We live in the age of research by 'google image'. I remember looking at Topps American Heritage Heroes cards and feeling so dissapointed that pictures on the cards represented not only the wrong units that were the subject of the card, but the wrong wars!