Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

How to change flags in HoI III v1.4

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by NegusNagash, May 8, 2010.

1. NegusNagash

NegusNagash recruit

hi guys i need help, the problem is that i don't know how to change the flags in HoI III...

I have a pack of flags in .TGA is a pack of 6 flags of 6 countries of that period of time like the real flag of germans, aus, jap but when i copy those flags to the folder (gfx>flags) then when i go to the game i can't see the new flags... it continue with the flags before, i was looking in the folder and i saw that there exist an file called "flagfiles.tga" and that file has all the flags in a unique file and when i open that file it show me the flags before... the problem, i think, is that i have to change that file for a new "flagfiles.tga" with the new flags, or if i don't want change all the file, just i have to edit it, but i don't know how to edit that file...

i don't know if i'm ok in my ideas xD but if you know how to change the flags in HoI III V.1.4 tell me plz becuase i can't play with those ugly flags... those flags make the game very ugly, i want see the real flags of that period of time.

answer me plz :eek:

2. edhunter76

edhunter76 Member

Hello, you don't have to edit the "flagfiles.tga" file. You need to make sure that you have the new flags with exactly the same name as the original flags. This "flagfiles.tga" compiles just all the flags, so you can see from there what flags are visible in the game.

You can edit flagnames in the "flagfiles.txt", so if you have some flags with the wrong name, you can change them here. Easiest way is to make sure that all new flags have same name as the original flag names in that folder when you make clean install.