Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

"I chased a UFO"

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by CAC, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

How is it that in a World of over six billion people, the governments of a few countries are capable of suppressing all verifiable evidence? With all the UFO hunters and conspiracy theorists out there the odds of at least one verifiable alien contact/sighting should be higher than the possibility they do exist.
    Let's find Sasquach and "Nessie" first.

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Arthur Conan Doyle sincerely believed the Cottingly Fairies were real, despite the really stupid "photos" of them.

3. Biak

I've seen some strange things in the night skies over the years but nothing to make me think Mars Attacks. Couple years ago watched what I assumed was a polar orbit satellite, .....until it turned slowly to the West. Satellites don't do THAT! Then I remembered the Air force had a relatively new toy they were 'testing' called the XB 37 or something like that. Said to myself " hmmm", smiled and watched it head towards Vandenberg.
    I did hear a story from someone once who told me to never repeat it.
    He was driving home after dark one evening and saw lights off to the side through the trees. As he continued and came over a small hill he saw a commercial airplane, like a DC 10 but no wings, fly directly in front of him barely off the ground. People were looking out the windows and no sound. He had a passenger with him and they both saw it? He said there was absolutely no way it couldn't have crashed at the speed and height it was going. It didn't. He kept driving and the plane was simply gone. I told him that it sounded almost like it was another Dimension type of sighting or bad Pabst.

4. OpanaPointer

"Unbelievable aircraft can easily do unbelievable things. That's why you shouldn't believe in them."

I like to point out that a recent head of MUFON quit in disgust because there was no evidence in their own files.

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

There’s plenty of evidence...but unless one is there themselves it’s just here-say and paper and pics...but it’s not just a belief system...remember Coca Cola managed to hang onto their recipe for years...and its only food industry regulations that forced their hand...most of what people want and expect in terms of evidence is there...people should stop thinking invasion...we are truly not that important...but we are a relatively stable planet that easily supports life...so think of Earth as a “station” in the desert...sometimes something to drive by on your way...but sometimes a life saver if one is in trouble of any kind- mechanical or otherwise...it’s also by far the most interesting thing in our solar system and for billions of miles in any direction...the occasional traveler would stop by from time to time for a variety of reasons. If you believe that intelligent life exists out there...why is it such a jump to,think they may have already been here? One day we will be those aliens...travelling to inhabited systems...we can’t wait to get out there.
    I wouldn’t believe most pictures or films, indeed the majority are fakes, most known fakes by people who dedicate their lives to demonstrate such things...but there’s plenty that nobody touches because it’s either concrete or unverifiable...did America take part in WW2? Prove it! You would have pictures, films, testimonies...but go to where it took place and you’ l be lucky to find a few scraps...old rusted helmets...a dog tag here and there etc etc...were the dead bodies buried planted their? They could have been...but of course weren’t....you have to believe under overwhelming evidence that America did take part in WW2...of course those that took part totally believe they were there...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  6. OpanaPointer

There is no evidence of aliens visiting here. There is hearsay, imagination run wild, and plain old BS. What's your opinion of the Cottingly Fairies?

7. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I have seen 4 'UFO's' in my lifetime. First time I was about 8 years old and it seemed to be hovering in front of my house at night. Skeered me right good for about a minute as I walked up on it till I realized it was a street light I never noticed before. The second was a strange arrangement of lights that I first took for a airliner, but the lights seemed to be in the wrong place and moving too slow. Turned out to be a jet coming at me shortly after taking off. Third was a bizarre collection of lights moving slowly. I pulled over and eventually was able to hear the motors of a Goodyear Blimp that was based north of Houston at the time. The last one was what looked like a bouncing ball of light moving north to south near a marshy area on a golf course before sun up. Can not say for sure if it was 'swamp gas' or ball lightning but suspect the latter as there were thunder storms in the area.

I have no doubt there are intelligent lifeforms out there and I will concede they might have traveled here at some time, but have serious issues with nearly all the photos and reported sightings. We know what we can see from our satellites in orbit so why would a civilization advanced enough to travel from a distant star need to fly so close to Earths surface that they could be seen and photographed?

Oh by the way, was anybody else confused by last nights episode of The X-Files? Hope it gets better. :)

8. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Dont watch X-files : )
    why would a civilization advanced enough to travel from a distant star need to fly so close to Earths surface that they could be seen and photographed?
    That's a good question...maybe these are just a small fraction of whats out there...the occasional laps, or damage...or maybe they want us to see them. Maybe the only time most aliens come here is when they are in a bit of strife...who knows? The human TR machine has been seen and photographed all over the world...and im wondering why they would fly over a city at all...some vision seems that they WANT to be seen...Maybe its arrogance, who cares? sort of thing...IDK. Star Trek explored many instances where they broke the prime directive and where detected by the lesser civilisation they were visiting...

9. OpanaPointer

I own all the X-files video. Slightly interesting to watch at the start, then they just gave up.

10. Biak

Someone once said; The Realms of Man Shadows His Fears. And if they didn't they should have.
    Why are there so many pictures of ufo's appearing over populated areas? It's easier that driving out to the rural areas.

Let's say there are outer space creatures of some sort, how can we assume they would breathe like us? Why would they need craft resembling our own? I'd be a tad more interested if sightings showed tangible objects that looked nothing like what we'd expect. Like that asteroid that tumbled past Earth a few months a ..... oh crap

11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Good questions...I had a conversation with a man who claims to have been taken by aliens and told "everything" - He was of average intelligence and showed his scholastic records to prove it and then said the beings did something to him to make him a genius (showed documents to prove that) he said they did that so he would actually understand what they were telling him...His story DOES answer all those questions we had/have...on your point he said that "form fits function" so there is a reason why things are shaped the way they are - An example would be the classic "saucer" shape that keeps coming up again and again...tubes are common too. He said that the craft travels at vast speeds and whilst space is a vacuum there are still little dust particles and even the odd molecule and even some floating atoms of this and that elements maybe a couple of kms apart but they are there...travelling at such speeds means that even a molecule or dust spec could/would go right through the craft damaging it or the occupants...to counter this the space craft does two things...first it puts a big electromagnetic field in front of itself to ionise the oncoming particles...the second is the outer shell of the craft rotates, the ionised particles hit the charged surface of the craft and are swept aside and behind the craft...form fits function!

12. Biak

The " flying saucer " is another misconstrued, media propagated false flag. The private pilot attributed with coining the phase never said that.

13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Ummm...a couple of thousand photos and footage over 60 years shows a "saucer" or "tube"- im sure the aliens don't call it that either. Its just a convenient word that describes the rough shape. The "media" have played a very low key part in all of this...they don't want to have a bar of it unless its for a "light" story on a slow day...

14. green slime

green slime Member

Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the universe? Without a doubt.

Has intelligent life travelled from outside the solar system to Earth? No. If an alien civilisation possessed the technology and had done so, we would notice.

If the travel is substantially slower than light speed, then the time spent getting here is enormous, and the travellers will not represent or liken anything since leaving their civilisation, which will have progressed technologically for thousands of years, and be capable of vast engineering feats. Even with the use of suspended animation, or robots, they would at best represent a culture already long dead. We too, could potentially send off a colony ship today; but it wouldn't allow our craft to do the things that are commonly attributed to UFOs.

If faster than or near-light speed travel is possible or even exceeded by way of worm holes etc, then they are already vastly ahead of us technologically. We would likely notice other such technological engineering feats that such a civilisation would embark upon, on a stellar scale, such as Dyson Spheres.

Of course, they travel these vast distances, expending enormous amounts of energy, in order to scare pilots, and anally probe cows. It's like expecting Cortez to skirt around Aztec cities on his horse at night, occasionally raping chickens.

15. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

As usual people presume to know what’s what...a trap even quite bright people fall into...scientists recently detected a massive continual,burst of radio waves a long long way away...and thought about aliens almost straight away. They apparently dismissed the idea because of the vast amount of energy needed...seemingly to use the same bad logic that if it’s so impossible for us it must be for everyone else...how presumptuous!
    We have shown ourselves that there are complicated ways to achieve something and quite often a simpler way...if they are so advanced I would presume they could hide most things from us as an adult could a child...maybe letting us see more and more slowly...and the analogy for Cortez is spot on...all that money to get ships all that time to get there...for what? New land and some gold...others have climbed Everest just to get to the top...and turn around and say they wouldn’t bother coming here...short sighted and again presumptuous...there are a hundred reason for coming here, if only once...there’s a thousand more we can’t hope to speculate on given the different life, culture and intelligence of these beings...you could say it’s like a scientist going to the other side of the world just to study a colony of ants...guess what? They do!

16. green slime

green slime Member

No. Read the science papers. No such "bad logic" is expressed in the ones I've seen at all. I don't know what or how the news is reported in Oz by aussie reporters though....

Space conquering aliens with vastly superior technology arrive to probe cows anally and draw crop circles; it's an intergalatic sport.

There's no need to hide from us, when they could obliterate the planet, or render it uninhabitable for humans in short order.

If they're here, we should be doing the hiding. Scientists and ants? More and more slowly? Seriously? How many of these alien tourists are scientists? When do the hooligans turn up that enjoy plucking the legs off? When does Kal El turn up to save the planet?

17. OpanaPointer

Yep. He said they moved like saucers skipping across the water.

18. OpanaPointer

Scientists did not say they had found aliens, just that it was a possibility, and not the first on the list by any means.

"there are a hundred reason for coming here" You know what aliens would consider good reasons? Humans are rank arrogant when it comes to having a special place in the Universe, probably because God made it with Earth in the center. :rolleyes:

19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

‘Thought about aliens almost straight away...did I say they ‘said’ anything...they thought of it as a possibility...almost straight away sort of suggests it wasn’t the first thing now doesn’t it? You ‘ve gotten thick in the last 24 hours or you have a chip on your shoulder regarding this subject...you remind me of holocaust deniers, ( I bet you’ ll deliberately take that the wrong way and feign offence) wouldn’t matter if an alien tapped you on the shoulder, you would be looking for a zipper then shout DNA test! Then want to know who took the test and how it was done...simply saying it’s BS is not an arguement my friend...

20. OpanaPointer

You're obsession is amusing, I grant you that.