Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I have a ton of pictures...

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by AnnwithWWIIGpa, Jan 4, 2018.

1. AnnwithWWIIGpa

AnnwithWWIIGpa New Member

This is a larger picture. It has RTC 135C on a flag. It also has Hogue #437 written on it. There are no names on it, but I can see my grandfather in the picture. We have a ton of other pictures. I believe he worked with General Patton. My family was going to trash these pictures, but now, I don't know what to do with them. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• gpa.pdf
      File size:
      614.7 KB
      Views:
  2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Have you check with the Veterans' Project at the National Archives, or the Center Of Military History, US Army official history site.

3. AnnwithWWIIGpa

No, but I will do that now. Thank you! We have a bunch of maps and papers (very thin carbon copy like papers with a ton of signature). One of the papers even has a typed menu for a Thanksgiving Feast. Can I get in trouble for having blueprints of a building? I am not saying that I have them... but if I did have building blueprints from WWII and the building or structure still exists, can we get in trouble for having them?

4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

If they're not marked with a classification then you're safe. If they are the classification may have expired. Those are the ones you want to ask about.

Don't know where you live but the recruiters in my high school town borrowed a lot of my pics. and made a display "local man goes the distance!" type thing.

5. lwd

lwd Ace

WWII building plans should be ok. About the only thing left from WWII that's still classified is related to Manhattan. Even if the building still exists it's probably been heavily modified since then. The ones I'm familiar with have with the possible exception of those at Rock Island built by Confederate POWs.

6. AnnwithWWIIGpa

If it were a 1945 blueprint of a base from Heidelberg would it be legal? After some research I learned that it closed in 2013. It may even have basement schematics. If I had this, should I donate it?

7. lwd

lwd Ace

I can't see any way a 1945 blueprint of a building in Germany would be classified in the US. If there's a historical organization that's interested in it and I had it I'd certainly consider donating it.

8. Jaap Vermeer MDE

Jaap Vermeer MDE Active Member

Found a Harry Dellibac . Can you give grandfathers name ?

Attached Files: