Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I need to know some information

Discussion in 'Theaters of the Second World War' started by Homer Goodall, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Homer Goodall

Homer Goodall New Member

I think I ought to write what this guy said to me from beginning to end as I had written down notes as he told me. He came up and gave me a bear hug and said, "Al, I heard you did not survive the war and the Pacific theater. You are alive! Thank God." I told him, "Sir, you are mistaken. I was never in a war and in fact I never read anything about it. I had many family members killed in that war. I was told about an event that happened and I am looking into it." He insisted I was this man. His good friend, but much younger than he remembers.

I told him<"wait, When I was a little kid I had an occasional nightmare. I would hear explosions all around me and I would wake up screaming." He said, "Details, details." I said, "When my father who had blew his arm off when he was six would watch a WWII movie. I would go into a panic. I would look up at the ceiling like, "We are in trouble. I would scream, Hit The Dirt! Hit the Dir! she's coming in." He said, "That time I was when I was almost killed. We do funny things in emergencies. He took care of me. Anything else?" I said, "Body parts everywhere."

He said, "Al's mother recently died." The year was 1984 and I told him something of the paranormal nature " I said, " I heard my bedroom door knob rattle. It woke me up and I felt something that felt like a hug. The feeling faded away." He said, "Al could fix anything that floated, flew, or could be driven." I told him about another vivid dream. He listened intently like listening to an army buddy recalling stories. I told him, "I did not give out any positions because the waters was crawling with ships. I readily as a kid, picked up Morse code. It was very easy for me. I was trying to contact someone. Possibly aircraft cover. I was transmitting, "MQM 520 kilocycles. We are surrounded by enemy. MQM anyone. The area is swimming alive." He asked, "do you know what was being transmitted." I said, "I had to look it up, MQM is a military distress call. 520 kilocycles translates out to kilohertz. I heard a loud explosion and the ship broke apart."

I had a habit as a kid of tearing anything mechanical apart and curious about how it worked. I asked something that scared the crap out of me. I asked, "love getting his hands dirty. I mean with manual labor and such?" He answered, "He told me that his mother would reward him for being naughty by giving him chores no one would want. He was a very small man. They would kid him about hiding in a mouse hole or shrimp being on the menu. He was from Louisville Kentucky or a place that mad bourbon whiskey. He was asked to get some good bourbon . This guy removed the water. It was nearly 190 proof. One guy got a shot and he sputtered, coughed, and let out a whiskey wheeze and afterwards said Damn that is good whiskey. 190 proof straight from the barrel." I said, "Oh, a background in chemistry, huh. That is my hobby>" He then asked, "What are you interested in?" I said, "gunpowder and explosives." He said here are the facts:

1. Al, shrimp or mouse was his nicknames.

2. He was killed in World War II.

3. He had mechanical abilities.

4. He was small in stature, but a giant in what he did.

5. Had a background in medicine.

6. Could fix anything.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  2. Takao

Takao Ace

3. Homer Goodall

Homer Goodall New Member

I know. They kept telling this guy each time he tried to enlist, "We need men and not little boys." He would protest and finally they said, "OK, sign up."

4. Homer Goodall

Homer Goodall New Member

I'll put the whole interview with this man here and let the people decide and ones that may have information about this man then contact me about it. I believe it is a case of reincarnation.

5. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

Your are not alone. This kid is said to be a former pilot from WW II.

Marines generally were not in Europe (OK, some at Embassy Details). Could "AL" have finished his tour in Europe, returned home and enlisted in the USMC? Even then how could he be discharged and retrained so quickly?

6. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

520khz sounds like a direction-finding beacon-
    Non-directional beacon
    Not sure why a distress signal would have given a radio frquency rather than a location.

7. Homer Goodall

Homer Goodall New Member

I'm not a young kid either. I was born in 1958. The engineering battalion was the 37th engineering battalion.

8. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

9. Homer Goodall

Homer Goodall New Member

I think I need to tell the whole story from beginning to end. I will edit the one above and give all the details about what this man did and his interests.