Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

idaf 85 syrians zip ???

Discussion in 'Air Warfare' started by majorwoody10, Feb 24, 2007.

1. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i saw a clip on you tube about idf that claimed in the 1983 lebanon war ,the idaf shot down some 80+ syrian migs without a loss themselves is this true ? i never heard that before,i must have been asleep or something..i know the idf is good ,but cmon.....85-zip?

2. Ome_Joop

Ome_Joop New Member

via TanksinWW2
  3. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    thanks for link joop..looks like syrians did knock down a few after all,still a one sided slaughter...is it the f16s ,the idf pilots ,why is every shoot out between idf and arabs always so one sided ? it seems like no matter what kind of equipment the arabs have ,they always get their lunch ate by the idf...

4. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Think about it, defence is vital to the israelis. They have hostile neighbors and a small population, not to mention a small country(so enemies can take a large percentage of the country in a short matter of time, so they need to be combat ready and need to take out a numerically superior enemy quickly), so their pilots have to be trained very well. Not to mention they got advanced american gear and french gear while the syrians had inferior soviet craft without all the fixins that the soviet air force had. Arab pilots were by no means badly trained, but it was nowhere near as good as the training the israelis recieved.

5. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    also the idf have better intel, and airborne hardware, awacs, and access to spy sat.

6. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    that too, yeah.

7. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i saw a thing where someone asked the idaf pilots how they were able to center punch one egyptian mig after another with iron bombs in the 67 war(REMEMBER THOSE PHOTOS ? ) back before smart munitions...the isralie pilot replied "we do it because ...we just have to " isnt it stange how the jews who were mostly kept out of military service for the last 1000 years in europe either by design or their own culture ,suddenly ,overnight became some of the worlds best soldiers....

8. Ome_Joop

Ome_Joop New Member

via TanksinWW2
    in 67 they (the Israeli's) already had enough experience in warfare, the had been fighting in/for Israel since 1948!
    Jews had been fighting in WWII as well (Brittish army recruited 10,000 men or so already in 1940 and even more later on!)

And just simple if i remember the end list of pilots in the Battle of Britain movie i know that 1 jewish pilot thought the Germans in BOB!
    So i reckon there were even more trained during the rest of the war (not even mentioning the American Jews fighting for the US)

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... 2jews.html

In WWI Germany also had over 130 Jewish airmen who served in the war as pilots, gunners and observers.

http://people.sinclair.edu/thomasmartin/knights/

And I even remember something about a german Jewish pilot fighting on the russian front in WWII (rumours?)

Training enough and if you think that Jews wich have been hunted down for ages did not fight back that would be just insane!

9. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    joop , im aware that jews were conscripted into the armys of europe in ww1 ..german jews were germans first and jews second as were russian jews russian first ,not a few were decorated for valor in many different armys...it that there were not jews invited into the officer corps very often ,jews were not attracted to nor welcome in that very conservative and reactioary kind of club,,and durring the hudreds of years of pogroms in europe ,the jews did not fight back as a rule , because to kill even one drunken looting gentile would bring a much harsher kind of abuse ..the jews of europe were conditioned to cast their eyes down and accept the brutality as they knew it would pass in time ,and resistance would create a much worse orgy of looting ,beating and rape...this is why the jews ,for the most part calmly and obiediantly boarded the cattle cars to treblinka , it cant be that bad ,things will get better., it will pass ... ...after the holaucaust in 46 47 48 the jews began to take military matters into their own hands and made themselves by practice and necessity into super soldiers ....like they said , because ...WE HAVE TOO !