Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Identify WWII service ribbons

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by Kate52, Feb 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Kate52

Kate52 New Member

I'd appreciate help in identifying these first two ribbons. The last one is the WWII Victory ribbon with the red badly faded, so I'm assuming the orange/beige on the other two was originally red as well. My dad served in the Army Signal Corps from '42 to '46, mostly stateside helping develop radar, but was sent to India (he had a China-Burma-India patch on his jacket) to supervise a radar installation there. That's all I know about his war service. I thought one of the others would be related to CBI but couldn't find any that had red on both ends or white on both ends. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've looked through all the collections of images on Google. The first two are not in there anywhere.

Dads military ribbon.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

This may help.

[​IMG]

3. Kate52

Kate52 New Member

I've looked through all of those images on Google, the ribbons I have aren't in there anywhere. Thanks..

4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Have you inquired at the Center Of Military History? (Army historical site.)

Also, do you have his records? Citations should be in there if they are available. (Fire destroyed a lot of records in the 1970s.)

5. chibobber

chibobber Member

May have been in the National or State guard prior to Federal service. Check with the state he lived in. If you have his discharge papers, scan and post here. May provide some clues.

6. Kate52

Kate52 New Member

No Guard service, and haven't found any discharge papers

7. Kate52

Kate52 New Member

dont have any records, just the ribbons and his dog tags. I'll check Center Of Military History, thanks.

8. Takao

Takao Ace

The first one sorta resembles the China War Memorial medal...Except the center should be yellow(maybe faded/discolored with age), and the yellow(orange in photo) should be larger with the red bands narrower. Also missing the nationalist chinese insignia in the center.

The second one is a poser.