Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

If Hitler had an IQ: Post-War Third Reich Global Politics

Discussion in 'What If - European Theater - Western Front & Atlan' started by Fred Wilson, Feb 3, 2016.

1. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

It was not a mistake, unless there was an other option that could have produced better results .

For Hitler,after Arcadia (NFL conference in august 1941)war with the US was coming,very quickly .And he was not wrong .

PH meant for Hitler that the war between Germany and the US would occur ,acceleratedly : PH changed everything :as I already said ; it was inpensable that the US who were fighting together with Britain against Japan,would not fight together with Britain against the SU .It was also inpensable that,while Japan was fighting against Britain and the US, Germany would would limit herself to a war with Britain .

2. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

yes the Germans were pliable after WW1, no?? 'easily' manipulated.....doesn't take much thinking to manipulate them......salesmen, politicians try to work on 'normal' people's fears.....many times I go to get my car fixed or oil changed, they give me ''fear'' crap...'''better get this or that fixed or your car could blow up''!....my dentist tried to get me to get something fixed years ago, .....said it could be a problem.......and the same dentist just said I had perfect teeth on a recent visit...

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester

My, My.

I offered you two better options, wait long enough to put together a more effective and sustained U boat offensive off the US coast and give Japan time enough to create a imperative for the US to pivot to the Pacific and away from Europe.

Hitler did not attend Arcadia so he could only guess at what secret protocol's might have been agreed to, but accepting your premise it follows that the best course would be to delay direct American involvement, not hasten it. FDR welcomed Hitler's DOW, as did Churchill, Stalin and occupied Europe. Generally you do not win wars by doing things your enemies would wish you do.

Certainly Pearl Harbor made American deployment into Europe inevitable, but not immediate and in this difference lay any chance for Germany to effect a similar game changing event of her own to compensate for American intervention.