Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

If you died of the coronavirus, post here.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by OpanaPointer, Mar 17, 2020.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Australia is going the eradication route, we have just a handful of cases as of today...no deaths in Australia for a couple of weeks. A combination of strong leadership, high quality contact tracing and good community solidarity is the key...Biden is asking Australia for pointers...but the US is a different place to Australia.
    Australia has had 907 deaths...interestingly 819 from just Victoria, where they re opened too quickly and had a second wave...so just 88 deaths for the rest of Australia. Zero for the NT, and zero community transfer, which is what we were aiming for given our Indigenous community in the NT could have been wiped out in their communities due to the close living proximity and their ancient health systems.
    We have been open to each state for a while now with every state banning Victorians until they got their shit together...the Premier worked tirelessly and dished out a hardline approach to all Victorians (pissed that Victorians had suddenly become pariahs and the but of many a joke) Today they have smashed the Virus into what they call doughnut days...no new cases no deaths...So Victoria really showed the world how to get a handle on it after the horse has bolted) We can’t be complacent though...it may well come back, especially if we open up to the world too quick.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Kai-Petri, Half Track and wooley12 like this.
  2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

[​IMG]

Otto, Kai-Petri, Takao and 2 others like this.
  3. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Very nice hat and mask. And, a magnificent ship!

OpanaPointer likes this.
  4. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

hahahhahaha
    1. the strongest dinos survived longer than the weaker ones and the other weak species
    2.and---a bigger hahahahhahahaha---another point on how your analogy is ridiculous = the dinos lived for over 165 MILLION years-----man has only been around for about 6 million years
    --so they---- undeniably---- survived --much longer than man/etc
    = more proof your analogy is ridiculous....
    3. and ---the birds are the ancestors of the dinos = they did adapt

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Weak just means unsuitable...the dinos who had sufficient abilities to survive in the sudden change in environment made it through to today...brawn didn’t mean diddley when the environment changed. Didn’t matter if it had a good immune system or superior attacking abilities...probably what worked IMO is the ability to move...obviously this suited any dinos who could fly...but there are a number of dinos that could already move large distances, could survive on foods that weren’t ideal, could survive with little water (like most reptiles) I think when Darwin talked about survival of the fittest he (also) meant survived long enough to mate and reproduce not only for the species but for the individual’s own genes. Environments need all the players being present and working to be succesful...this would imply that no one species is or should be dominant...

6. OpanaPointer

Strong is relative. Being huge makes you strong but unable to survive a ELE.

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Unfortunately there is a new version alive in the UK. Will it make the third round possible around the world. The UK is the first country with 100,000 dead by the virus. It does not seem to go away, unfortunately.

8. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

I get my first dose of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow at 11:05. And the second dose 28 days later at the same pharmacy, same time. If the vaccine doesn’t kill me, I should be good to go.

HESH likes this.
  9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

No, tens of thousands have had the vaccine and I only heard of one vaccine reaction, and it could be an allergic reaction to the vaccine´s other things that keep the vaccine in working order. Keeping it good in minus 70 degrees celsius is a nice job for anyone.I am afraid more that it could be ruined by poor handling.

Half Track likes this.
  10. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

This is an odd thread. We've had 100,000+ dead in the UK - including my Mother-in-law. My wife and I weren't allowed to visit her in hospital ; we could only speak to her by phone as she was fighting to breathe, telling us how lonely and frightened she felt of this 'thing' that was killing her. She died the following day.

It changes one's perspective.

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Sorry to hear that Martin! My condolences. Unfortunately the Virus version is more deadly in the UK than the one elsewhere for some reason.. We must hope the vaccine works to all virus variants or we might be very much in trouble. If the Corona can change its surface proteins like HIV we don´t have any vaccine to fight it. But the lab people are getting wiser day by day. I trust they will find the key to Corona´s destruction.

12. OpanaPointer

Gallows humor is the way some folks handle stress.

13. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

You m
    you
    Mean me? Gallows humour? I thought i was being very respectful.

14. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I still work on good days to help corona patients. If I get corona it might well be the sooner end. Do I care? No. Rather me than a young nurse or a young doctor. Whatever mate.
    Stress? 30 years of working under possible killing infection. Massive stress mate.

15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Is it my fault?

16. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

"I'm not dead. I feel better." Old man in Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

OK. Tell me what

"Gallows humor is the way some folks handle stress." means?

18. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I'm fairly certain Opana and everyone else here, are speaking generally. I don't see anyone addressing you specifically, and certainly not negatively.

19. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Very well. I asked Opana and he did not bother answering although I have told I do not always understand the jokes but Gallows is not humour to me. Anyway, if it is benign humour I accept it. KPH

WOULD I SAY THAT TO MARTIN WHOSE CLOSE RELATIVE HAD DIED OF CORONA:

Bad taste I would say but if Matin understands it as a joke ok, but I really don´t see that coming, sorry.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Come on. Martin has a death by Corona in close family.. Is this all you can say? You make me blush soon.