Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

If you died of the coronavirus, post here.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by OpanaPointer, Mar 17, 2020.

1. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Only teenagers have original thoughts. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I used to "invent" in my mind...I suppose I still do...even some of the most "out there" inventions I came up with have been thought of by other people...The last time this happened was just last week...at the age of 12 I came up with a power generator that was effectively a small or mini sun...the panels surrounding it not only held the heat and energy in but harvested the solar energy at a rate of almost 100%, I knew even then that the technology needed was beyond what we had at the time...and then I see a project for fusion engines last week that look almost identical to what I drew up more than 30 years ago...And was being described as a "mini sun"
    Reminds me of the false statement that "anything is possible"...no, its not...instead "anything that is possible has or will happen."

3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Happy wife, happy life.

Poppy likes this.
  4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Most of my wives have been happy. Well, one is very happy I don't know where she's at...

CAC likes this.
  5. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

tired of looking for the thread.
    ...my simple opinion:
    was looking up the doors stuff.
    have read a couple lame bios where jims dad was in the navy, but his significance evaded this poster.

jims father was an admiral who was on duty when there was an attack on the USS Liberty.
    morrison dispatched US fighters to defend the Liberty, but was countermanded by...john mcaine.
    id hope for some clarity regarding.
    did jm2 stop morrison from defending the Liberty?
    *oops. thought there was a wiki link i provided.
    paraphrasing- " morrison dispatched fighters which were countermanded by european commander mccain."
    ...my goal was looking up doors content, spilled over into his dad and the Liberty attack.
    forgive me. just parroting what id read.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  6. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

also reading morrison was very involved with the 'nam war.
    jim jr wrote a song about killing his father and ....... his mother.
    jim probably had a good connection for acid.
    stumbled upon some interesting stuff about frank zappa as well.

7. R Leonard

R Leonard Member

RAdm George S Morrison was promoted to that rank on 1 July 1967 (the attack on USS Liberty was the month before in June 1967) and he was assigned, while still a Captain and awaiting his promotion date, as Assistant Commander for Logistics and Fleet Support at NavAirSysCom in Washington DC. He had nothing to do with 6th Fleet operations at that time. His next assignment, in July 1968, was ComCarDiv9/ComTF77, aboard USS Hancock,a 7th (Pacific) Fleet assignment no where near the Mediterranean Sea, in fact TF77 spent a lot of time operating off Korea. This was followed by assignment as Director, Electronic Warfare and Tactical Command System Division OpNav in September 1969 . . . also no where near the Mediterranean Sea or the 6th Fleet.

Rock and roll is fun, but necessarily truthful.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Poppy, George Patton and Slipdigit like this.
  8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

We are lucky to live so north. What ve so far have is 7601 infected, one in intensive care and 333 died of corona. However the numbers have lately come up so it might be the second round of the infection entering Europe....

Half Track likes this.
  9. OpanaPointer

You just have refrigerated virii, global warming will fix that up for you.

10. ARWR

ARWR Active Member

Corona viruses do better in cold weather!

11. Takao

Takao Ace

Location, location, location.

My county(Berks, PA), not state, not country, but county has had 5047 infections and 368 deaths.

Of course, there are several much less populated counties in the north and west of PA that have had a little over 110 infections and 1 death.

12. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

13. OpanaPointer

[​IMG]

14. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Russia says they have their Corona vaccination ready. Just wonder which is more dangerous, Corona or the vaccine....

15. belasar

belasar Court Jester

There is a running gag in the original Star Trek where Chekov constantly claims all the great human discovery's are Russian. Could be true, but unlikely since most experts claim the best case scenario is a year to 18 months.

16. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said a locally developed vaccine for Covid-19 has been given regulatory approval after less than two months of testing on humans.

Mr Putin said the vaccine had passed all the required checks, adding that his daughter had already been given it.

Calling it a world first, President Putin said the vaccine, developed by Moscow's Gamaleya Institute, offered "sustainable immunity" against the coronavirus.

He said he knew the vaccine was "quite effective", without giving further details, and stressed that it had passed "all needed checks".

On Tuesday, the WHO said it had been in talks with Russian authorities about undertaking a review of the vaccine, which has been named Sputnik-V.

Unlike other groups, the Gamaleya Institute in Moscow has not released any safety or immunity data from its studies. This makes it impossible for independent scientists to make an assessment.

Putin: Russia's Covid-19 vaccine approved for use

17. OpanaPointer

The Soviets claimed they invented everything first back then. The joke was that the Russians were still doing it in the far distant future.

18. Takao

Takao Ace

One of the stipulations for it's certification is that it not be widely used until January 1, 2021...Hopefully to allow for more testing to be done.

There are other vaccines out there the could be OK'd, but they have not completed thorough testing yet.

PR is likely the only reason Putin has pushed this certification.

19. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Screenshot from 2020-08-13 17-39-03.png

So now we know: Sweden got it largely right, and the British establishment catastrophically wrong. Anders Tegnell, Stockholm’s epidemiologist-king, has pulled off a remarkable triple whammy: far fewer deaths per capita than Britain, a maintenance of basic freedoms and opportunities, including schooling, and, most strikingly, a recession less than half as severe as our own.

Our arrogant quangocrats and state “experts” should hang their heads in shame: their reaction to coronavirus was one of the greatest public policy blunders in modern history, more severe even than Iraq, Afghanistan, the financial crisis, Suez or the ERM fiasco. Millions will lose their jobs when furlough ends; tens of thousands of small businesses are failing; schooling is in chaos, with A-level grades all over the place; vast numbers are likely to die from untreated or undetected illnesses; and we have seen the first exodus of foreigners in years.

20. Takao

Takao Ace

Does Mr. Heath ever have anything good to say?

Nope...Always Doom & Gloom.
    Allister Heath
    Must be the Engish weather.