Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I'm still here!

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by wilconqr, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilconqr

wilconqr Member

Ok, so, I'm no allowed to post on "dead horses" for some reason. So be it. This thread is in response to "Hitler's Christianity" on THAT thread.

With the Lateran Accords of 1929, the Catholic Church had (re)gained its autonomy as a sovereign territory separate from Italy and recognized throughout the international community. Contrary to popular belief the Catholic Church also was (and still is) a "totalitarian authority." And although the Concordat of 1933 was largely ignored by the Nazi regime it is most amazing how the Catholic religion/state has grown in power and influence, whereas the Third Reich has faded into history.
    As for my personal belief, there is no real point in attempting to differentiate between Nazism and the apostate church. Regardless of the association between the two, both Nazism and Catholicism are representative of political systems opposed to true Christianity.
    In keeping with the topic of THAT thread, there is then no "image" to "clean up" (again, in my opinion). The divisiveness of racial supremacy (among other things) is detrimental to all those seen as less than, and the perversions of Christianity are (eternally) detrimental to all those so easily deceived into accepting false doctrines/teachings. They are both equally sinister.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

No one is allowed to post in the Dead Horses thread. Exceptional posts are moved there.

And the purpose of this post is?

I hope that it is not to stir up the forum.

3. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Well, I am certainly not taking the bait and discussing ill-informed generalisations such as this: '
    the Catholic Church also was (and still is) a "totalitarian authority"' or 'both Nazism and Catholicism are representative of political systems opposed to true Christianity' and 'The divisiveness of racial supremacy (among other things) is detrimental to all those seen as less than, and the perversions of Christianity are (eternally) detrimental to all those so easily deceived into accepting false doctrines/teachings. They are both equally sinister'... etctera.

Both as a History buff, a philosopher and a Catholic, I won't get into arguements with some one whom I doubt could define 'true' Christianity, 'totalitarianism' or 'false' doctrine/teachings without biggotry. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.