Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Importing Firearms From Europe

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by George Patton, Mar 31, 2015.

1. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Hi All,

This year I will begin importing some more "obscure" WW2-era firearms from Europe for my collection. I am aware of the papers that need to be filed out in order to do so and have no problem doing this. I have some experience exporting guns so I am not new at this process. Believe it or not importing from some European countries is cheaper and easier than from the US! I am already in contact with an Austrian shop and will be buying from there within the next couple of months (likely on my next visit, and bringing my purchase(s) back with me).

However, I am wondering if any European members can recommend/know of any shops that would be willing to sell for foreign buyers. In particular I have a soft spot for Finnish guns -- Mosins and SVTs. Any and all recommendations would be much appreciated. The amount of gun shops is bewildering. The bigger shops with websites in English typically focus exclusively on modern guns and not on the surplus guns I'm interested in.

Thanks in advance,
    Alan

2. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Alan, are we talking deactivated or live firing weapons?

Two good places to start would be...

www.dandbmilitaria.com
    (based in the UK)

and

www.zib-militaria.de
    (based in Hamburg, Germany)

Both sell deactivated weapons but may also be able supply live ones if required.

I also know that UK based company
    www.rytonarms.co.uk
    used to sell live guns to buyers with the correct gun licence but they seem to have wound down their operations somewhat since the owner passed away a few years ago.

3. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

John,

I'm looking for live weapons. I've become a bit bored with what the Canadian market has to offer so I've decided to broaden my horizons a bit.

Thanks for the links. I'll take a look at them.