Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

In Memory of Staff Sergeant Eric J. Lindstrom, KIA in Afghanistan 2009

Discussion in 'Roll of Honor & Memories - All Other Conflicts' started by Cadillac, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Cadillac

Cadillac Member

Staff Sergeant Eric J. Lindstrom was killed on July 12, 2009, when his patrol from the 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry, came under attack from insurgents. He left behind a wife and two daughters.

This man was my 3rd cousin. I never knew him, but Eric and my grandfather were very close. After his discharge from the Army, where he had seen combat in the invasion of Iraq, he took up a job with the Flagstaff Police Department. He had a burning desire to return to service, and he and my grandfather (a Ranger combat veteran) discussed his reenlistment. My grandfather tried to dissuade him from going, but he had his heart set on rejoining the Army he loved so much. He did so, becoming an NCO in the 10th Mountain Division. Eric was killed when insurgent small arms and mortar fire impacted a foot patrol he was leading. He was 27.

Rest in peace, SSG Lindstrom. You've earned it.
    [​IMG]

2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Be at peace, SSG Lindstrom. May your service, sense of duty, and courage never be forgotten.

Cadillac likes this.