Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Info on my Great Uncle

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Colin Younger, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Colin Younger

Colin Younger New Member

Sorting through my late uncle's papers I came across a letter from his uncle sent in 1939. From the info in it I've tried to research something / anything about him but with no success. The only information I have is the address on the letter

George Morgan R. W.
    805868 (the 6 could be a 0 or a 5)
    2 Company
    7 B Squad
    No 1 General Base Depot
    B.E.F.

20/11/1939

He was born in 1903 probably in County Durham. I've put all or some of this info into the usual search sites but am getting nothing. Can anyone give me some pointers or help in deciphering any of the above info (except B.E.F. of course :) )

Many thanks

Colin

2. lwd

lwd Ace

If you haven't already you may want to post this over at WW2talk as well. They have a greater concentration of British. You'll probably get help here as well but I suspect a faster response over there. Sorry that I can't help directly but am interested to see what you find out.

3. Colin Younger

Colin Younger New Member

Thanks for the advice, I've joined and posted it there. I'm not up on WW2 research as nearly all my relatives, including my father, were in reserved occupations (miners) during the war.

4. lwd

lwd Ace

Good luck and do report what you find there if that's where you get your answer. Fair number of people here are on both sites (I'm not one however). Very good chance you'll get some good info in the next day or two. These two sites seem to specialize in that kind of help.