Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Information on a WWII German 2nd Panzer Vet

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Langemann, May 1, 2002.

1. Langemann

Langemann Member

Hey guys, I'm looking for some information on a veteran of the 2nd Panzer Division.

His name was/is Hubert, I have no idea what his last name was/is. He was in the 304.mot.Schtz.Rgt, 1st company. His feldpost number was 08178.

I have two of this gentlemans photo albums covering his entry into the RAD and following him through early winter of 1942 in Russia.

Any information or leads would be appreciated.

Langemann

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Got your detailed email on your excellent photo collection. I tried replying there but the computer keeps shutting off before I send.

I have the address to the 2nd Panzer Div vets assn somewhere--Ill try to see if I can dig it up and will give it to you.

If Otto wasnt on his leave--he could give it to you as he has all the vets Org addresses I sent him.

Anyway--ill see if I can dig it up from somewhere and will post it here for you. Im not sure who is in charge of the vets org these days--its been about 3 years since I last wrote, but the address should still be a good one, and if this person isnt in charge anylonger--hell tell you who to contact. [​IMG]

3. Peter_Germany

Peter_Germany recruit

I hope I can help you. My Granddad's name was Hubert Wollenhöfer, he was in the 2nd Panzer Div and reported missing in July 1943. The feldpost number you mentioned is correct.

I just started looking for information on him, because my dad is seriously ill and I'd just like to tell him anything new on his dad's whereabouts as long as I can.

I have no picture at the moment, maybe you remember the last name?!?

Hope this helped you at least a bit. If you have any information that might help me, please let me know.

thank you

Peter

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hello Peter,

I hope Langemann well get to read your post, but his post is eight years old I'm afraid. I will ask Carl Evans who is still an active member on this forum. I will cross my fingers , Maybe Carl has pictures and that the man on the pictures is your grandfather.

5. Peter_Germany

Peter_Germany recruit

Hi Skipper,

yes, I saw that his post wasn't quite fresh, but I'm trying all I can to get information. I appreciate your help very much. Thank you for that.

I'll be on holiday for the next two weeks, but I'll be checking back.

Again, thank you very much.

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

7. Peter_Germany

Peter_Germany recruit

Yes, I have tried that and others too.
    Did you get in touch with Carl Evans? You said you would...