Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Introduce yourselves

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Skua, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Stewie Griffin phpbb3

Stewie Griffin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i'm sorry but i seem to have an addiction to posting pictures.

2. Lyndon

Lyndon New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Not a good idea with YOUR face!! :lol:

Welcome by the way. I'm new myself.

3. Mutant Poodle

Mutant Poodle New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hello, Mutant Poodle here. In Vancouver B.C. Canada.
    I lived soccer, football, ate drank and dreamed of the game; playing that is. I tookit as far as a tryout with the Vanouver Whitecaps and Seattle Sounders of the defunct NASL. Just not quite fit enough no matter how hard I tried, then I got into body building.

I have a vast family history of family members serving the UK, USA, New Zealand, Ireland and Canada. Form the Plains of Abraham WWI, WWII, and Korea.

I really enjoy history, especially military since I did serve my country as an Field Engineer, ya I got to build nice bridges then blow them up. :D
    To sum up my service I wasa very well trained in the art of pointing the right end of the rifle at my apponent. ;)

The most important thing I learned in the armed forces is the fact that war has one quality and only one; "War is About People, war will come and war will go but the people will fight in it, they will suffer, they will survive. If there are no people there can be no war".
    Thats why I left the army, I will never harm another human being again, unless in an act of self preservation.

As you can tell I do have a politically active side, I do not suffer fools, period. I do not want to offend anyone in this forum as I never asked to be a political activist but the events of yesterday have given me a rather juicy oppurtunity to stand up and fight for the little guy when it comes to government oppression and lawlessness. There I said it I got it out of the way.

There has been some great postings here and I have learned a lot and tried to help others with answers to their questions, as I sent Roel some books involving the history of combat and warfare.

I have family all over the world: Canada, USA, Spain, New Zealand, Austrailia, Ireland, UK, Wales, and Germany.

I have two ears, two eyes and one mouth for a God given reason; to see, to hear and then speak when asked to comment.

This forum is pretty darn squiggly when it comes down to manners, and that is an endearing quality.

Never be afraid to learn!

Cheers!

4. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I knew I heard that name somewhere... :D

Yes, MP sent me some very nice books, all the way from Canada to North-West Europe, just to show how willing he is to help. Without advance payment! :D

5. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    As for me, I'm a 16-year old from Holland and all I do here is learn. I was on this forum before it went to an official website, and then before it moved to this new look of chrome and white; I think you could call me a forum veteran. :D (and it sounds nice too!) My family accuses me of being addicted to this forum, because of all you guys' interesting posts of course! I can no longer deny it. :D

6. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well MP, Its good to have another Canuck to talk to on this forum, I was begining to think I was the only Canadian interested in this stuff. I also have family that live in Vancuver.

And thank you for serving in our Armed Forces.

Anyways, I repeat alittle bout myself again. I live in the Peg here in Canada (and no we don't all live in igloos :D ). I'm 17 and I'm on this website every chance I get, which is usually during school. I love the forum as with so many people from different countrys, you can get some very interesting conversions.

And if anyone plans on visiting Canada anytime soon, wait till next year so I can buy you a drink :D

7. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    in that case I'm too , my family give me the look :eek: :lol: , when I visit this forum, since they look me like a weird been runing around the house looking for my books to answer this belove froum

8. Stewie Griffin phpbb3

Stewie Griffin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    My buddy says you Canadians are planning on invading the US! Why else would you amass 90% of your population on our completely undefended border? :D

9. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I'm a 42 year old Christian, *very* happily married, and a student of military history since I was about 11 years old. I reenact the American Civil War and even give lectures on the subject as a kind of sideline. I am a veteran of the US Navy, 1980-82. I have learned a lot of things in this forum, including patience. :D I have enjoyed getting to know y'all, even if it is just online, and consider many of you friends (I don't know all of you well enough to say that yet, but I'm working on it).

10. corpcasselbury

via TanksinWW2
    Well, how's this for interesting, Lyndon: I live in High Point, North Carolina, which is about 25 minutes from Greensboro!

BTW, I forgot to mention in my last post, my name is James.

11. Mutant Poodle

Mutant Poodle New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Invade no, annex yes. This plan will take place on the fourth of July, sometime in the future; it will involve all the border states along Canada's southern frontier. :D
    We will hand out to each new Canadian a "2-4 pack" of Molson's Beer, one hockey puck and a hockey stick, red touques with white maple leafs embroidered on the fronts; wear them backwards if you want to.
    A moose meat steak and a fishing rod to all who wish to stay.
    Oh yes universal free medicare, less costly medicine to keep you alive longer.
    If you wish you are allowed to protest at are Parliment buildings without fear of reprocussions; mind you it doesn't mean that any one will listen.

Your children will not fear of being drafted to fight a corporate war, as we are not out trying to conquer the world. :roll:

One last thing you need to loose any American accent when you say the word "eh"! It may confuse some of the Canadians form Atllantic Canada.

Heck we will let each new citizen actually touch the Holy Grail of Canada, the Stanley Cup! ;)

12. Mutant Poodle

Mutant Poodle New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You mean Winter Peg where the mosquitos are big enough to rape a turkey?
    ;)

13. Keiraknightleylover

Keiraknightleylover New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I knew it!! AAHH!!! So it is true!! Hahaha. I'm actually one of Stewie Griffin's best friends so I know exactly who (another one of our friends) first made the Canadian joke. I think he got it from the movie Canadian Bacon.
    That's a bit scary, all the things a new canadian citizen has to have. I shouldn't be too suprised as my cousins are canadians. They're obsessed w/hockey as I am with baseball.

14. Keiraknightleylover

Keiraknightleylover New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You only have to be 18 to buy beer in Canada? Wow. I guess it varies a lot from country to country, but you're right next door!

15. Lyndon

Lyndon New Member

via TanksinWW2

James,

I was wrong. Not only is the world small, it's positively TINY!!! Amazing!!!! :D

16. Knarf

Knarf New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hello
    My name is Niklas and i am from sweden. I like film musik and computergames and also history like WW2

I have been invovled with some webbsites and some forums

17. corpcasselbury

via TanksinWW2

18. corpcasselbury

via TanksinWW2
    I was wondering, Roel, is that actually your name? :)

19. SgtBob

SgtBob New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I, as the closest thing on this Forum there is to an American Emissary, hereby volunteer to offer up California, Minnesota, and all of New England for Canadian annexation. Call it our "Land for Peace" plan.

20. Mutant Poodle

Mutant Poodle New Member

via TanksinWW2
    LOL LOL Hmm, me thinks you gave to quickly, whats wrong with them? :D