Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Is it possible Hitler died -43?

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Munken, Oct 18, 2003.

1. higge

higge Member

If I may add my opinion, those theories are completely nonsence.
    If Mr. Hitler had escaped from the bunker, who was that half burned man in the garden? All those investigations tells that body was Hitlers.
    Hitler told his officers who tried to talk him out of Berlin, many times, over and over that he will share the destiny with Germany.
    There are many many interviews with former officers and workers who were in bunker that Mr and Mrs Hitler will be burned after suicide whitch was a final wish for them.

Yep, this is "what if"

2. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Can't help thinking that if Hitler had died in '43 then the actor who replaced him would be a Kagemusha like puppet, thus it is unlikely he would have been allowed to run riot and make some of the crazy decisions he made throughout the restof the war.

3. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

In any case Kagemushitler couldn't possibly be worse than the Real McCoy, no one could, so certainly Hitler was the genuine article through to the end ;)

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Wouldn't an explosion on the plane cause the plane to be destroyed too? The whole pressurized thing etc - the explosion has to be channeled somewhere.

5. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Cabins of transport aircraft were not pressurized in the 1940s ( I was just discussing this with my friends Elvis Presley and Jim Morrison....;) )

6. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Actually Martin, Elvis currently drinks at the Arkley Hotel in Barnet, I'll say hi next time I see him ;)

Kagemushitlar, I like it :D

7. Owen

Owen O

If Hitler died in 1943 who did Guderian have his blazing rows with then?
    He knew the real man enough to spot a fake.

What utter rubbish this claim is.

8. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

"Old dictators never die, the just smell that way" :D

9. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I dont really know what the big deal is. I saw Hitler last week with Stalin, waking out of Wal-Mart and jumping into a car driven by Pol Pot.

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

" The reasons for the failure of the assassination attempt of March 13,1943 have never been fully clarified. The major problem was how to undo their plan and recover the package. Tresckow decided to telephone Brandt. Coolly he asked him to hold on to the package- there had been an unfortunate mix-up. Schlabrendorff would come the next day on the daily courier flight to Rastenburg and exchange it for the right one.

Fortunately, Brandt still had the original package the next morning and the exchange was made. Schlabrendorff headed for the waiting train, which was to take him to Berlin that evening. Once in a closed compartment, he opened the bomb with a razor blade and removed the detonator. He found that the capsule had broken, the acid had eaten its way through the wire holding the firing pin, the firing pin had struck as intended, and even the percussion cap seemed to have ignited. But the explosive had not gone off.

Among the theories that have been advanced to explain this mystery, the most likely is that the heater in the plane´s cargo hold had malfunctioned , as it sometimes did, and the explosive, which was sensitive to cold, failed to ignite as a result."

From "Plotting Hitler´s death" by Joachim Fest

11. Drucius

Drucius Member

Shurely you'd be better off asking Glen Millar?

12. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The bomb in the plane:

German conspirators got some time pencils from a captured container that had been parachuted into France by Special Operations Executive. They made the mistake of fixing only a single pencil to a bomb which they then placed in an aircraft carrying Hitler. The bomb, which appeared to be a bottle of liqueur wrapped in brown paper, failed to detonate. In 1966 in a BBC television programme, one of the plotters, Fabian von Schlabrendorff, blandly blamed the failure on the inefficiency of the time pencil-and not the plotters´ failure to take note of the instructions packed with it. Altogether some twelve million time pencils were manufactured in Britain during WW2.

The last ditch by David Lampe

13. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Strangely enough, I watched a programme called The Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler last night which briefly mentioned this.

14. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

I don't think you can duplicate Hitler's delusions and crazy mlitary insights like Kursk, Ardennes Offensive and the attack on the American Seventh Army, the coutner-offensives in Normandy, or Wenck's supposed attack to relieve Berlin and especially his faith in Wonder Waffens.

15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Hitler's personal doctor gave him injections to calm him down. It is thought he was given amphetamine. Anyway he was given something that made him 'more mad' .