Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Israels Actions

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Canadian_Super_Patriot, Jul 14, 2006.

1. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i like to think im open minded and tolerent...ive tended to side with the right of the jews to a homeland after auschwitz....you have a homeland tiso and so do i ......arab muslims have lots of places to go..i wish we had moved all the jews to utah or nevada...but even if that were possible in the 20s and 30s ..the jews wanted to go home to judea....im an agnostic and i think the world would be better off if there was no religion..it would sure cut out a lot of bulls***...and yes i am a f****** but not a nazi one.

2. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    KHM:
    BTW many christians and jews think the same.

So did the Gypsies. But somehow they sliped trough. Didn't they?

So did Bosniaks and Albanians from Kosovo, but did that make right what Serbs did!

But the point is that someone else was at home there first. And it was not their home for last ~1900 years.

3. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    millions of bosniacs and albanians were gased or shot where,when?arent there places called bosnia and albania already ,pehaps these people could flee to those places.....where ,tiso,would you have the jews go,since you belive they have no claims whatever to judea? liveing in europe and the middle east has been rather hazardous for them...should they all move to slovenia?...you state that many christians and jews want to kill american civillians because they subhuman ...really ?which jews /christians think this way?.....muslim arabs flew the planes on 911 and arab muslims danced in the streets in celebration these people decided to make me their enemy .not i ,them....tiso ,when these biggoted zealots finish killing all of us in the great satan,they will finish sorting things out in the balkans and europe...im not sure why you belive that they intend to kill all non belivers but intend to spare slovenian catholics...wake up tiso,the otoman jews never invaded slovenia ,they are not your enemies....turn your befuddled head towards mecca...

4. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Couple of minor corrections there Woody ;)

- Bosnia and Albania are very dangerous places to live.
    - People dont' flee to Bosnia... they flee from Bosnia
    - The ottomans were not jews, they were muslims
    - Slovenia provided refuge for as many Yugoslavs as such a small country could in the 90's
    - Muslims are not bigotted zealots
    - Terrorists and Muslims are two different things
    - The Serbs fought the USA and they were Orthodox Christians
    - The muslims are not invading Slovenia
    - Or America

Yeesh, why do discussions on Balkan politics alwasy end up with people swearing and calling each other Nazi's? Throw some muslims, terrorists and a sensitive American in the mix and you have THE topic from hell

5. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Thank you smeghead.

Not milions but thousands in Bosnia and Kosovo recently in the 1990's. Shot definitly, gases (most probably Iperit) were reportedly used around Srebrenica on refugee column.

Mid-east became hazardous for them after 1948. Europe was hazardous for just about everyone trough history.

In US proper Timothy McVeigh & co. pops to my mind and couple of white supremacy groups and i belive you have also one Jewish terrorist group in the US (there were some arrests couple of years ago)... Not to mention some of those you bombed in 1990's (Serbia & Montenegro) or embargoed...

We were dealing with Ottoman raids for entire middle ages, we were under Austrian rule for well over 1000 years, we were under Italian and nazi occupation and we survived, we do know how to fight if necessary.

BTW majorwoody10
    According to Oxford English dictionary:
    Bigot - a prejudiced and intolerant person

Now read your own posts carefully and think about what you wrote before you accuse anyone of bigotry.

6. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    This is a really interesting and heated discussion, but do you think maybe accusations of bigotry and Nazism are a tad unessecary??? Although I don't agree with Majorwoody, I sort of see where he's coming from... America did get attacked quite severely, and their overabbundance of hysterical media outlets didn't really help contribute to any assurance of saftey over there.... But there are alot of unfair representations of Muslims

7. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    This article pretty much summs up what i think especcialy on matter of recent Israels actions:
    http://www.freespeech.org/fscm2/contentviewer.php?content_id=1353

Some of the UN securuity counsel resolutions i belive are interesting in the light of recent events:
    262 (1968) condemns Israel's attack on Beirut's civilian airport

270 (1969) condemns Israeli air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon

280 (1970) deplores Israeli failure to abide by resolutions 262 and 270; condemning Israeli attacks on Lebanon

316 (1972) deplores Israeli attacks on Lebanon and calls for the immediate release of "all Syrian and Lebanese military and security personnel abducted by Israeli armed forces on 21 June 1972 on Lebanese territory"

317 (1972) deplores Israeli abduction of Syrian and Lebanese soldiers in Lebanon and calls for their immediate return

Aren't they interestingly similar to condemnations of Hezbollah for abduction of two Israeli soldiers that started the last conflict?

8. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    This one is also interesting:
    http://www.freespeech.org/fscm2/contentviewer.php?content_id=1352

9. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    tiso...are you suggesting that the jewish minoritys of europe were not persecuted anymore than the christian populatioms? really,this opinion sheds a little more light on your anti israeli posts... certainly there has been plenty of christian on christian violence over history but the jews were always the easiest targets by far...look up the words pogrom and holocaust for starters. then check and see if in fact there was no violence against jews in muslim countrys prior to 1948...the jews have always been easy to attack .... they were unarmed and haveing no homeland or king to appeal to for help were simply required to cower and suffer till the rage of the mob was saited...here in the us there are those who denie the holocaust ever occured ...but then they are all white araryn nazis and a considerd fringe group crackpots...mcviegh was an anti government crackpot who was avenging ruby ridge and waco...had his bomb gone of at nite when the federal building was empty he would have earned at least some sympathy and support...killing innocent government workers made him a pariah...

10. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    This is starting to look like it is becoming an argument, rather than a debate.

Please be careful guys, it is an interesting discussion and I (and the other moderators) don't want to have to start worrying about it. ;)

11. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I'm not saying that, but it seems that you think that only Jews were persecuted in Europe and that is simply not true.

They are idiots and nazis and they should be treated as such vermin.
    But then again perhaps you just never read Dershowits's writings (hope i sppeled that one right). He is denying all holcausts but Jewish so that in my eyes makes him equal to to nazis.

I think that that was already covered (read previous posts). It was tit for tat (i.e. both sides were bloody up to their elbows)

And rightly so. But that was not the point, was it? You asked me to give an example:
    and you got it.

Problem is that you don't know much about history of Europe ( at least not recent) and middle east, and that can be seen form your posts, like this one:
    Well Bosniaks were killed in Bosnia and Alabnians were fleeing to Albania about 2million of them trough the mountains in the winter.

I'm giving you an examples, but it seems that you just want to change the subject with unfounded accusations and smears. When you make an accusation you damn better prove it or apologise.

There is nothing wrong with argument if if is argumentative (i.e. supported by something other that smears and unfounded accusations.

12. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    No, as that is debate. Which is good.

It is when it starts getting a bit personal, or people start getting a bit angry/annoyed, that it turns bad. And that is what I am trying to avoid.

Edit - we are not there yet, I am just pointing out that it could easily turn that way.

13. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Except they did not ask for a homeland, nor do they appear to want one. A large chunk of the Gypsy lifestyle seems to be living life on the move. Over here in the UK there are big issues with 'travellers'* who pitch up, stay somewhere for a month or so, then move on to the next place**.

* Gypsy is non-PC... :roll:

**The issues tend to revolve around the fact that they take over communal or private space like parks or car parks, and tend to leave a mountain of litter when they go. I grew up next an idustrial estate that received yearly visits.

14. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I despise that this current conflict in Lebanon is continuing the trend made so famous during the Cold War, i.e. the proxy war. Though Israel is a very independent nation and all for unilateralism, it would certainly hesitate more often and act more rational if the US and its money were not in the Israeli camp. Those that support Hezbollah (Iran and perhaps Syria) and that which supports Israel (the United States) have no desire to end this until one side can claim complete and total victory. For the US, Lebanon is a continuation of the War on Terror, and for Iran this conflict is a continuation of the destruction of Israel. Obviously Iran's interest is flawed and probably unachievable, but much of the US's interest is no more practical. The idea that an "evil" can be contained by brute force alone was throughly debunked during the Vietnam era, yet it is still a stable of American foreign policy today. If the powers fighting and influencing the war in Lebanon invested just half of their manpower and money into the economic and social well-being of the Middle East, we might see the possiblity of peace. But as it is, a bomb dropped by Israel misses its target and destroys a lebanonese school, which in turn results in worldwide condemnation and further sympathy for Hezbollah. The price tag on the precision bomb that destroyed this school could have been used to erect 2 or 3 new schools. The money that is used by Hezbollah to bombard Haifa could have been invested in, I don't know, a proper sanitation service? This idea that warfare solves problems is as old as Jericho, and even though few problems are ever actually rectified by armed conflict we continue to use this mode of change despite its inherent flaws. Argh, we are truly a terrible species.

15. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Off topic I know, but...

...plus they tend to cause trouble and nick anything they want. Round here that has included in the past even stealing electricity by tapping directly into the mains. They're not a popular bunch, the odd thing is that they can't seem to understand why. :roll:

That said, you shouldn't confuse Britain's (and probably elsewhere's) current "Travellers" with true Romany Gypsies who tend to despise the Travellers as much as the rest of us, if for no better reason than the fact they give them a bad name.

16. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Very true, and I apologise for having done so.

17. Gunter_Viezenz

Gunter_Viezenz New Member

via TanksinWW2
    By the way did Isreal get their guys back because its been couple weeks and CNN said nothing about them.

18. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    No

19. Gunter_Viezenz

Gunter_Viezenz New Member

via TanksinWW2
    So pretty much Isreal failed in...
    1. Get their soldiers back
    2. Disarm or weaken the Hezbollah

I am sure there is more but just the main.

20. canambridge

canambridge Member

via TanksinWW2
    CNN has been going on about little else the last week in everything I've seen. The network talking heads have been in overdrive explaining how Hezbollah, Syria and Iran are the big winners and Israel and the U.S. the big losers in this modern version of The War of Jenkin's Ear. And of course the conspiracy theorists are already hard at work exposing how this was all a GBII plot.