Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Italian Campaign Veterans sought

Discussion in 'Italy, Sicily & Greece' started by crosbygirl, Mar 19, 2010.

1. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Hi, this is my first post in forum, so forgive if not the right area.
    My late father served as a Gunner in the Royal Artillery and after a visit to Rome last year with UK Veterans, the idea of this book was born.
    I am currently writing a book on the memoirs of those who served in Italy from 1942-45. I am seeking input from any US Veteran who might like their memoir included in this book.
    I currently have memoir input from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, the Gurkha, and The Jewish Brigade.
    If any Veteran or their surviving relative would like to take part, please contact me.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

You may also include the Free French first Armored army and the Moroccan Goumiers who took part in the Battle of Rome.

3. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Thank you, will certainly try and contact relevent Defence Attache to see if they can offer me assistance in tracing any Veterans.
    Ann

4. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

The 337th Infantry in Italy in WW II

I would contact the owner of this site, i had used his site for some of my own research and I feel that he would maybe be able to give you some input from his fathers time in italy during the war. Also he has some documents from the 337th that may be of some help to you in pdf format on the web site.

5. dhsetzer

dhsetzer Member

This is a very ambitious project.

For the sake of completeness you may want to include snippets from the memoirs of a German soldier who served extensively in this theater of combat:

Aus Meiner Sicht - The Memoirs of Werner Mork

6. mondolfo

mondolfo recruit

Yours is a great project, but I'm trying to reconstruct the history of the passage of the war in my area. My country, Mondolfo, in 'central Italy, was released August 18, 1944 by troops of the Polish 3rd Carpathian Division, after several days of fighting against German troops of the 278th Infantry Division.I wish I had a copy of the book when it is complete,good job