Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

JAPANESE PRIME MINISTER ASSASSINATED

Discussion in 'Land Warfare in the Pacific' started by WALT, May 16, 2002.

1. WALT

WALT Member

PRIME MINISTER INUKAI WAS KILLED BY YOUNG MLITARY OFFICERS IN MAY OF 1930 BECAUSE IN WENT ALONG WITH THE "LONDON TREATY" WHICH ALLOWED THE JAPANESE A SMALLER "TONNAGE" OF CRUISERS THAN THE UNITED STATES AND ENGLAND. IT WAS ONE OF ABOUT EIGHT SUCH KILLINS OF MODERATES IN THE DECADE BEFORE THE WAR. THESE OFFICERS MAY HAVE BEEN MEMBERS OF THE "BLACK DRAGOONS" WHO WERE A SECRET GROUP OF RELIGOUS AND NATIONALIST FANATICS. THEIR WERE MANY PEOPLE IN THE GOVERNMENT, AND ALSO COMMON PEOPLE WHO DID NOT WANT CONFRONTATION WITH THE WEST....

2. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Interesting info, but one question: Why is everything always in caps with you?

3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Ease up Peppy.

4. WALT

WALT Member

My eyes arent as young as yours are. its easyer to see, and I tend to think everybody else was the same way.(it's not true of course) I hadent thought of it untill tonight. Someone else pointed it out to (Tall case I mean)But no problem, to use small case in the futher.....Thanks Otto, but no problem at all.

5. Jumbo_Wilson

Jumbo_Wilson Member

Over a dozen Japanese Prime Ministers were murdered by military officers who were let off with minimal sentences between 1918 and 1941. Prince Konoye survived by agreeing with the military, until he was replaced by Tojo. Many Japanese politicians were seen as too pro-western and were killed by radical nationalist Japanese officers for "betraying" their country.

Jumbo