Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

John Demjanuk

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Panzerknacker, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Do we really think he was 'Ivan The Terrible' of Treblinka? He was acquitted in 1994 of being the same man, what are all your opinions on his guilt?

2. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

If I remember correctly, he'd lived in Cleveland, OH. If this is the guy, he lived 2 blocks down from my grandparents.

So, if memory serves, the Israelis had this guy once before, let him go, and kidnapped him again, correct? For starters, I don't think that the Israelis should be able to just steal somone like that, but it's a whole other story...

Also, he is in his 80s I think. What are they going to do to him? Make him suffer through this huge trial? If so, lets say he is innocent. Just think of all the crap he's gone through for years, including unwarrented jail time. If he is guilty, which accoriding to his last trial is unlikely, I guess he'll be in jail for the last years of his life. As a guilty man he would deserve this, but it SEEMS like they have just been picking on this guy for years and years, and no one ever proves anything. If it is not him, the Israelis owe this guy and his family some major freakin compensation.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

They CLAIMED he was and had pics placed side by side and they looked convincing but, pictures can be doctored up as well as anything on paper.

4. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 13. September 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

5. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 13. September 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

6. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Nice information, Crapgame! Just to add a detail here:

[​IMG]

7. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

[ 13. September 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]

8. TonyBarto

TonyBarto recruit

The way I look at it.....if the Israelis had him and then let him go after they were satisfied that he wasn't this Ivan fellow, then that should've been the end of it. Period. You know damn well the Israelis NEVER would've let him go if Demjanjuk were that person. Just my 2 cents.