Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Just Jane Donation Artwork

Discussion in 'Art of War' started by AviationArtist_UK, Apr 10, 2014.

1. AviationArtist_UK

AviationArtist_UK New Member

Good evening,

As I`m posting aviation art away on here, I`d like to share the following artwork with you. It depicts the East Kirkby Avro Lancaster "Just Jane" taxiing. It`s on a 1000mm x 500mm deep edge canvas in oils.

I`d like to announce that the artwork is to be donated to the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre at East Kirkby, it will be put up for auction throughout the year, with ALL the proceeds of the winning bid going towards the upkeep of `Jane (a worthy cause in my view)

The handover of the artwork will happen on Monday 21st April at the centre, it`s hoped that I shall add three signatures to the paintings (as endorsements), then it will be shown at various times (more information to come).

If you would like any more information about this painting (or others), please don`t hesitate to contact me via messaging on the forum.

Anyway, the painting...firstly, a wide view showing the whole painting...
    [​IMG]

A close up of the detailed nose art area...
    [​IMG]

Anyway, comments are welcome and I hope to see any of you (if you have a chance), as I say, don`t hesitate to contact me for further details.

Thanks, Neil

Otto, Clementine and Biak like this.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Well painted and great initiative

3. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Excellent ! Looking forward to seeing more of your paintings. You and Ulithi (another member) have much in common.