Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

just trying my luck here!

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by ebj423, Apr 7, 2020.

1. ebj423

ebj423 New Member

Hi!
    I was looking for a ww2 movies forum and i got here. Just to try my luck, i've been trying for ages to looking for an old ww2 movie i remember vaguely as a young boy. all i can remember about it is the phrase in the opening crawl "the last battle" and the opening sequence of an allied soldier(most probably an american officer or not with maybe a thompson) regaining consciousness in a road(trees maybe forest) littered with wrecked/disabled/burning military vehicles(allied and german) and my recollection ends there. I have watched a lot of ww2 movies(english) since i was young but i have never been to see it again to date. Just hoping to see it once again before we move on.
    Thank you very much,
    ebj423

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Could be a scene from a tv show..? Dr Who, Star Trek, Twilight Zone etc etc have WW2 episodes...or a memory/dream sequence in an otherwise non WW2 tv show? I know this just muddies the water...

3. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

''last battle'''....road or trees......probably about the Battle of the Bulge...was there snow?
    ..not much to go on

4. ebj423

ebj423 New Member

no snow, definitely in a movie theater, european theater of operations. know all of hollywood movies and actors but doesn't ring any bells(went through wikipedia of ww2 movies from 70's backwards). that aside, last movie i saw but can't download would be battle of neretva. most everything else i've been able to rewatch.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020