Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Just wanted to stop by and say...........

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by C.Evans, Feb 20, 2007.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hello to some of the "old salts" that are still here. I have been gone some 20 or so months and are now back "in circulation" as it were.

Anyway, this is for any members who I chatted with on this site including Erich, Kai, Stevin, Martin, Otto and PzJgr among many others. The trigger finger is itchy and rarin to go.

Gotta run for now. Cheers and Rootbeers -- C.

By the way, sometime in the near future, I will be posting new "toys" in the militaria forums. Included are: a mint double-marked Close Combat Clasp in Bronze, mint and rarer hollowback General Assault Badge, a nice F.O. marked Silver Infantry Assault Badge and a nice marked Luftwaffe Ground Combat Badge among some other items soon to come in.

Otto and Martin Bull like this.
  2. TA152

TA152 Ace

Gone 20 months and still ahead of everyone else by a few thousand posts !

Too bad you can't redeem them for cash.

I am glad to see you back.

Martin Bull likes this.
  3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome back Carl! :salute:

It's good to have another of the old hands back. I think you will like the new Forums better than the old ones!

:otto:

4. Herr Kaleun

Herr Kaleun Member

Wow....looked what the cat dragged in!

Glad to see you back in circulation...See you around campus!

5. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

...and so say all of us ! I have deeply missed your input here, Carl...hope all is well with you :)

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Great!

Glad to see you back Carl even though this means I cannot get to no 1 poster on the Forums ever....

;)

Welcome back!!!

7. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Look who's here :)

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you Gentlemen, it's good to be back. And for TA, I agree with you, that cash would come in handy these days ;-))

TA, ;-))

Otto, ;-)) and the forums look nice but will take me awhile to get used to things. I already had a sorts of "run-in" with trying to figure out how to reply to the PMs. ;-)

Thanks Ivan, glad to be back and I am ready for a game of Football ;-))

Thank you Martin, I greatly missed associating with you guys. I have been to many other sites still active on a few, but none really seemed like I was home. ;-D

Heh heh heh, Hi Kai, you might pass me up yet. I think the one you will have to worry about is Friedrich? Last I saw, I think he was pretty far up on the postings scale.

Thank you Za, glad to see you are here.

Im also glad to see that everyone is in good health here. These days - knowing all the veterans I know, I often recieve some bad news concerning many of them. Since I was last here, I lost a few of the comrades from U 181 as well as two Knights Cross Recipients who I was close too, as well as the one Victoria Cross Recipient that I was friends with.

I am always in the habit of telling everyone to "take care" which has a lot to do with knowing so many good folks who have passed away within the last two years.

Take care, and sincerely yours--Carl.

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

don't you dare tell me to take care C .............. [​IMG]

10. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Welcome back Carl, good to see you back in action! :salute:

Peppy >>> welcomes back our #1 posting ace

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Erich, Peppy, thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the welcomes.

E, I won't! :-D

Peppy, thank you and glad to be back in action. I now have a bionic right hand and the typing is much easier ;-)) and ace is right--only this time in the meanings of militaria collecting. As we speak, im trying to secure a very nice field worn set of 98th Gebirgejager Regiment Majors shoulderboards. These are being sold by his family and this man was both a recipient of the DKiG as well as the KC. :-D Wish me good luck on getting these.

If I get them, ill tell you the story behind them and the man that once wore them :-D

12. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Welcome Back Carl! el maestro has returneth. Salute!

13. TA152

TA152 Ace

Are you still living in Corpus Christi ? :hungry:

I was down there last year to visit the USS Lexington and eat some seafood.

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you PzJgr, TA.

PzJgr, your post made my day--oops, I better watch out for Clint Eastwood ;-)) Also, the Mexican food here is as good as ever--looking forward to sharing an Enchilada plate with you sometime my friend.

Ta, funny you should speak about the USS Lex, I was a volunteer there for awhile but I spent most of my time volunteering at the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History as the guy who did the research on the History collections. This means that I got to touch all their goodies as well as do the research and cataloging of all the items. Well, most of them. Currently I am not volunteering at either of them for health reasons. I might go back to the CC Museum later this year.

Oh and Ta, I HOPE you did not waste your money eating at Blackbeards--their food is raunchy at best and much much better places were just across the bridge.

Some ""goodies" that they (the Museum) have in storage that sadly, will never see the light of day include:

The first "true" machinegun the Colt 1895 Machingun (Called a Potato Digger) with caisson and ammo caisson, another Colt 1895 machinegun, a .50 cal machinegun with fixed AA sites (this one had been mounted on a Sherman tank), another .50 cal - which was taken from a B-17 bomber, and a .303 Vickers machinegun.

Some Lexington Museum staff have been trying to get me to give them my militaria collection for years now. I guess it matters not, to them that all my stuff is German - except for some Finnish items (thanks to Kai) ;-D

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

P.S. I'm happy to say that the 98th Gebirgejager Regiment Majors shoulderboards are mine. :-D

These guys served all over the place, got descimated at least twice. Now if I can just find and secure, a nice set of 99th Gebirgejager Regt. shoulderboards (preferably an officers set) then I will have completed attaining all from the 1st Geb Div.

16. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

congrats Carl ! :panzerattack:

man these smilies are a hoot !

E ~

17. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, thanks. And I have not had the time to take a look see at the smilies. Actually, i'd settle for one of Robin Hood or Little John in the least. ;-D

18. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Hey Carl, long time no see! Good to have you back btw.

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you Mate, glad to be back and also itching to catch up to everything here.

Take care Gordon, and glad your still here as well.

Best regards--Carl.