Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Karlsruhe area?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by bigfun, Apr 5, 2016.

1. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Hi All!
    I am in the process of ..... well possibly..... moving to the Karlsruhe Germany area. I'm wondering if anyone here is in that area and can give me a snapshot as to what's in the area..... expats? ...... job market for an expat ...... anything you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

all the best

Scott

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

bigfun likes this.
  3. HA96

HA96 New Member

Black Forest is pretty closed to Karlsruhe. Switzerland not too far either.
    Has a Second League Soccer Club (ex 1st League).
    Karlsruhe is part of Baden-Wuerttemberg with one of the lowest unemployment rates in Germany.

Stefan.

4. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Thanks so much for the info!
    I'll get on it, the Black Forest sounds pretty interesting, never been there. I'll be going over for a three week visit with the girlfriend later this month, so maybe we'll take a trip there.
    thanks again!

Scott

5. bigfun

bigfun Ace

So I've been absent for a month or so..... I have settled into my new home and life here in South West Germany.... and what a great place this is! The Black Forest is beautiful, the people are... well the people are typically German, nice but not overly outgoing, but buy a guy a beer!!! and everything is open to you!! LOL
    Anyway, I have begun to notice in the inner city that there are a few new buildings surrounded by old ones, which of course made me think that these were new because of the bombings in WWII.... and I was correct. The information is readily available to me and so I'll be doing a little bit of investigating in the American Library to see what has taken place here..... if you know of something specific please post it here.... thanks all!

all the best

Scott

Otto and Slipdigit like this.