Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Kimi Raikkonen: Former world champion to retire from Formula 1

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/58415541

The 41-year-old Finn, who won the 2007 title with Ferrari, said on Instagram: "It was not an easy decision but after this season it is time for new things."

Raikkonen has won 21 Grands Prix and has made a record 341 starts.

Since starting his F1 career in 2001, he has raced for Sauber, McLaren, Ferrari, Lotus and current team Alfa Romeo and has finished on the podium more than 100 times.

Half Track likes this.
  2. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

He is my favorite, not that I have followed Formula 1 as long as I have followed NASCAR and IndyCar. Then Lando Norris. But I like him, he is unique, a wonderful family man with a simply beautiful family. I have his book “Kimi”, a great read and I have his Alfa Romeo cap with the Finland logo/flag on the back. Some say that he would have been more successful this season with another team. Perhaps. But he is a warm person in his own way and I wish that he has many happy moments with his family. And many happy memories from his racing career. He wants his yacht and his family. And just maybe, as his famous quote came over his race car radio, just to be “left alone.” The Iceman.

Kai-Petri likes this.