Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Know any surviving Battle of Crete Veterans?

Discussion in 'Those Who Served' started by Cretophile, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Cretophile

Cretophile New Member

Hi folks. I'm new on this particular board but have been around elsewhere for decades, with a particular interest in Crete.

Amongst other things I am a member (non-veteran) of what remains of the now disbanded UK Crete Veterans and Friends. We are down to two surviving veterans that I and those in our group know of, both in the South West. I have an New Zealand friend who shares my interest and who is a flim maker and is looking to try and do a piece on our Batle of Crete veterans and interview them.

There may be more veterans out there who never joined the association, as was, and it woud be good to make contact with them just to know who they are, and perhaps for the film.

I would be most grateful if anyone knowing of a UK veteran of the Battle of Crete 1941, now 77 years ago so going to be in their late 90s, could make contact through tim@creteveterans.org.uk (the website is currently down awaiting a remake)

Many thanks

Tim - aka Cretophile

2. Dylan45

Dylan45 New Member

This is interesting. How's your research so far?

3. Cretophile

Cretophile New Member

I am afraid it has drawn a complete blank so far.
    Sadly it may reflect reality though it did occur to me that a third is better known for other 'acheivement's' rather than being a veteran, he being HRH Prince Philip and serving on HMS Valiant in the BoC.
    I'll leave it on the forum as people still pick up on things way after they are first posted on any such sites.

4. Dylan45

Dylan45 New Member

Yeah, it seems may take too much effort with less results.