Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Largest Navy EVER

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by SOAR21, Feb 17, 2009.

1. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

HAHAHA.

As the United States, I can wield powerful IC. By 1938, my exclusive naval research unlocks the most modern navy possible. Then, I start building. By 1942, I command 12 Forrestal-class CV's. I command 15 North-Carolina BB's and 7 Iowa Class BB's. I have 6 Semi-modern BC's, and 34 CA's. I have countless DD's, and also 6 10-flotilla strong Barbel-class wolf packs of SS's. My naval doctrine is also maxed out. It really is fun enjoying complete superiority in any field.

I am wreaking havoc on the Japanese and German fleets. I have 15 CV's in the works, along with 12 BB's and 3 BC's. Once my research on nuclear power is complete, I will enjoy super-long range fleets that possess a power unlike any other.

2. Tiornu

Tiornu Member

In 1945, the United States surface fleet had strength superior to that of all foreign surface fleets combined. It had the ability to apply that strength over most of the world's seas. I don't believe there has been a naval dominance of this magnitude at any other point in history.

3. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Who needs an a standing army when you have nuclear bombs superior airforce and you control the sea lanes. Sweet.

Of that subject you know I have never actually used nukes in a real game yet.

4. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Tiorno,

"In 1945, the United States surface fleet had strength superior to that of all foreign surface fleets combined."

It has been said, and I am inclined to agree, that the USN could TODAY assemble all of her strength in the Pacific, against all the navies of the world and win in a week.

John.

5. Joe

Joe Ace

The largest I have had was around 12 CVs as Germany I must admit...however I only usually play as minors, so the largest I had as Romania was a BC and 2 BBs. If I could play it that is, my HOI has gone kaput.

But nukes are actually pointless-once I completely destroyed all US cities and still they wouldn't surrender!

6. Joe

Joe Ace

The largest I have had was around 12 CVs as Germany I must admit...however I only usually play as minors, so the largest I had as Romania was a BC and 2 BBs. If I could play it that is, my HOI has gone kaput.

But nukes are actually pointless-once I completely destroyed all US cities and still they wouldn't surrender!

7. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

well the nuclear powered navy seems enticing.

Anyway, I've since topped the largest navy. HOI ran out of names for all of my capital ships.

By 1942, I've crushed Japan with superior naval tactics and ships, losing only three capital ships (2 BC, 1 CA) the entire game so far, and I'm fixing to ally with Germany, so I can crush the RN, too!

However, my obsolete land forces and nonexistent air forces have problems defeating the Japanese troops. They control too much of the Pacific. Only through sheer determination did I hold on to the Philippines, fortifying and reinforcing before war started. Even then, I lost two or three divisions in a last-ditch attempt to hold Manila. Thank God for the timely arrival of my two T4E1 divisions, which counterattacked quickly and stabilized the situation. My subs now cripple the Japanese economy, while my naval forces shift their focus to the Atlantic.

8. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

juste bcause america in thee modern world is so huge ans supier that does not mean america was the biggest.
    How would wee know about the romans army and the british army and how little or big they are, these armies could have been bigger than america;s army today.
    the romans nearly coqued europe and i just wondered how they did that? with a little army!

this is not new too me,i am with alot of forums and i come acrooss americans that think the same way as yuo do. i am sooo over this HAHA. Cheers.

9. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

This is a video game, and I, not the Americans, have built this large navy. If this was real, which it isn't, then the Soviets would be pushed into Siberia, Italy would be strangely powerful, and Japan would lose to China.

A video game, not real life.