Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

looking for information on william p newkam

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by dnewk, Sep 21, 2009.

1. dnewk

dnewk recruit

My name is David Newkam and I am looking for information on my grandfathers time in the military. He enlisted in February 1946 and was discharged in December 1948. He served 6 months in berlin durring the Berlin Airlift. His job code was as a cook. I do know he was in the corp of engineers and did his training at fort belvoir from march of 46 to july of 46. That is all I know of his regular army time and he was discharged as a private first class. Then in 1955 he joined the Pennsylvania Army National Guard. He was part of the 28th infantry as an mp in the 28th military police company. He lived in the Harrisburg, Camp Hill, Lebanon, Steelton, areas of Pennsylvania and was members of the vfw in those areas as well as the legion. I am looking for anyone who served with him or knew him through the legion or vfw posts he was a member of. I have some pictures I can post if anyone thinks they may know him. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    DAVID NEWKAM

2. alieneyes

alieneyes Member

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

4. alieneyes

alieneyes Member

Repetition just means not having to ever say it again:-D

5. dnewk

dnewk recruit

thank you very much. I have already seen this information. I have even written the archives in St Louis and was told his file was destroyed in the fire in the early 70's. I am hoping he served with someone on here or knew someone on here that can help fill in the blanks. I know he was is Murnau, Germany for 6 months in late 46 early 47.

thank you
    David Newkam
    :)

6. dnewk

dnewk recruit

i now know according to my dad's cousin that he served in the 579th engineer utilities company in berlin and ran the plumbing shop. I asked my dad's cousin to send me the information if he does i will post again with any other information.

David Newkam