Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looking for old German Field Gear and Replica MP 40...

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by PanzerMan, Dec 30, 2000.

1. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

Hi,

If you gotta get rid of any original / Repro German WW2 stuff / uniforms/ personal stuff etc...pls contact me offlist.

Also looking for a Replica MP 40 blank firing or dummy one is ok...( i know, I tried E-Bay..) but no luck.

Thanks

* Alvin *
    Alvin's Waffen SS Homepage
    SS Freiwilligen Legion Norwegen
    http://alvinlee_81.homestead.com/home.html

2. Erich Hartmann

Erich Hartmann Member

How much are you willing to spend on the MP-40?

3. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

May I know is the MP40 that you are having a Original?? Blank Firing Replica?? Or Dummy Replica??

Thanks

* Alvin *

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I know someone who has a real MP-40 but with a dummy reciever. Last I heard is he wanted $400.00. Its been awhile since i saw it but, I think he still has it. If interested-let me know and I will ask him about it.

5. Erich Hartmann

Erich Hartmann Member

I've got the same - an original MP-40 (the serial numbers were verified) but with a dummy reciever. If you're looking for a REAL one, you're in for a journey. I'm currently talking with a number of dealers/gun smiths/collectors for a reciever, and you can be sure that you are going to sink some big $$$$ into the whole affair.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Erich: Too true. I know a dealer in Michegan that has one for sale, its 100% real and fully operational. Last I knew, he was asking $3,000++++. He also sells K-98s, STG-44's, G-43's. I personally think he is a bit on the high end but, then again; I dont own a submachinegun---yet.

I know a dealer here in Texas, that has an operational MP-40, but he wants $6,000, for his. (Not unless I win the lottery).

Also, the guy selling his MP-40, does have a reciever, or did so, the last time I was at his house. I can ask him if he still has it, and what price, if you wish.

7. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

Thanks guys,

But I think I am better off if any one has a source for a Dummy MP40 instead.

* Alvin *

8. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

Hey Evans, I've been looking for an STG-44 for some time now for a reasonable price, how could i come in contact with this dealer you mentioned?

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

He is Mr. Kruger of The Military Warehouse. I have his address somewhere and I will see if I can find it, if not I will post a note on a collectors forum that someone will know his address.

Ths problem is, is I dont think you are going to find an STG 44 for a reasonable price, but it depends on what you think a good price is. Personally, I wouldnt spend more than $2,000 for one. Im not up to date on what they go for but, its a bit more than $2,000.

Give me a few days and let me see what I can find out for you. If you dont hear anything from me by say Saturday morning--send me an email to remind me. [​IMG]

10. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

Thanks for the help Evans, I'll check to see what I've got left in my account, might have to empty it out.

11. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

MP/STG44 price update
    I have quite a good contact to a UK deact dealer.
    A load of really good deact MP44's ( working bolts, etc ) came onto the market here in '94/'95 from, I think, East Germany. Price then was £295. They have all gone.
    Re-enactor groups are now desperate to buy and there is an ad in 'Gun Mart' this month offering an MP44 for ... £1200 !
    I wish I'd bought six . . . .