Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looking for Tom Canning, Canada

Discussion in 'Italy, Sicily & Greece' started by crosbygirl, Jun 11, 2012.

1. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Hi,

My name is Ann and I am looking to contact a gentleman named Tom Canning from Canada. The email address I have for Tom does not seem to be working and I would like to speak with Tom about his participation in a book I am putting together about the Italy Campaign 1943-45. If anyone can help or advise I would be grateful.

Many thanks
    Ann (Crosby Girl)

2. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Hi and welcome! Please visit our sister site World War 2 Talk He is a member and maybe you can contact him at there.

3. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

If not then pm member von poop on here...the boss of ww2 talk. Well second boss..

4. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Hello Ulrich,

I have looked there but he doesn't seem to frequent that Forum very often so I was hoping that he may visit here more frequently.

Thank you for your advice. I will keep trying.
    Ann

5. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Hello Ulrich,

I have looked there but he doesn't seem to frequent that Forum very often so I was hoping that he may visit here more frequently.

Thank you for your advice. I will keep trying.
    Ann

6. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Hello Van Poop,

Thank you for your response. I have tried looking at your sister site but it would seem that Tom hasn't visited for a while so I thought here might be a good start. Any other suggestions?

Any help woul dbe appreciated, I find looking at all the different topics a mine field, still very much a new comer to Forums and the like.
    Was hoping that I might find some US Veterans whol might be willing to have input into my book - I have tried Veterans Agencies in the US but they are not very helpful so if there are any US Vets from the Italy Campaign who might like to send me their Memoirs I would love to include them in my book. Most other participating Veterans are acknowledged and I don't really want to publish without US input. Again, Van Poop any ideas?

Many thanks for your help and guidance
    Ann

7. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Ann,

Tom is there regularly. He does not post here. Trust me, I would know.

He logged on WW2Talk today, whether he posted or not.

Below is a screen shot of the WW2Talk showing who has visited in the last 24 hours.

You might try Sapper, who posst here and there from time to time. He has was sapper/pioneer/combat engineer with the British Army and was badly wounded late in the war.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

George Patton likes this.
  8. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

I joined WW2Talk a few weeks ago, and he does post their regularly. That forum in general seems to be much more active with vets than this one. Most of the veterans registered here are also registered there.

9. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Hi JW

Thank you for your useful information. I will go into the WWtalk Forum and re-post and trusts that he will see it and answers me.
    My thanks again.
    Ann

10. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your useful information. I will head over there in a moment and re-post my request and trust that he will respond to me. I have posted in this forum asking for US Veterans who were in Italy from 1943-45 to contact me if they might be interested in sending me their memories of their time in Italy but to date have not had much luck - perhaps, as usual I am doing something wrong!
    My thanks again.
    Ann

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Send him a private message.

12. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Thank you all for your kind words of advice - I have now found Tom and we have been in commucinication with one another.
    Best wishes:)
    Ann