Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looks to be CG-4A Glider nose art, any information?

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by tenacious101010, Jul 23, 2011.

1. tenacious101010

tenacious101010 recruit

I have a framed piece of artwork, the emblem is approx 3 feet in diameter. The emblem is from the Troop transport Command. The artwork is on aircraft grade fabric, the paint is very old, it has deteriorated some, but its still very readable, the surrounding material that remains around the emblem green, appears to be consistent with the green on camoflauged aircraft of teh time. . I know the emblem represents the I TROOP CARRIER COMMAND. I researched the emblem and found it used as uniform patches, a piece of what looked like a leather flight jacket with this emblem painted on it. I also found a picture of a CG-4 glider with this same emblem painted on the nose. I compared the size of teh emblem to the glider it was painted on and it appears to be the same size. At one time I owned a CG-4 glider nose and based on that experience and the size of it, the fabric would be appropriate to this. I looked closely at the fabric and the seams of material. The edges of teh material is cut with the jagged edges of pinking shears. I also found a closeup image of a glider nose side and the seams in the picture are the same as this piece. Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Denny View attachment 13717

Attached Files: