Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Lt Col DONALD A. ZEINE

Discussion in 'WWII Obituaries' started by Biak, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Lt Col DONALD A. ZEINE :poppy:
    (USAF, Retired)
    Lieutenant Colonel (USAF, ret) Donald A. Zeine of Colorado Springs, died January 15, 2002. Lt. Col. Zeine was born Feb. 18, 1922, in Peoria Heights, Illinois to Mr. And Mrs. Henry Zeine who are deceased.
    He was married November 7, 1944, to Madelyn May Follet, of Jacksonville, Fl. who survives him. He is also survived by two daughters; Diedra (Dale) Daugherty, of Pueblo, CO; D. Satin (David) Zeine-Johnson, of Black Forest, CO; 3 grandchildren, Benjamin, Sarah and Jennifer; and 2 great-grandchildren, Sean and Ethan.
    He joined the effort of the United States forces during World War II; transferred to the Army Air Corps. He loved to fly and served his country as a fighter pilot. He became Commander of Air Force Fighter Squadrons in his lengthy career of 31 years active duty. He served in World War II, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and Vietnam. In the course of his career, he received many awards and medals including the Distinguished Flying Cross,
    Legion of Merit, Air Combat Medal, WWII Victory Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Air Medal, multiple Outstanding Unit awards, 5 Longevity Awards, and Presidential Unit Citations.
    Lt Col Zeine was a commercial pilot and jet aircraft Instructor Pilot during his career. He was quite an outdoorsman who loved hunting, fishing and hiking in the mountains. He was also an avid golfer and loved winning tournaments.
    A memorial service will be at 10:00 am, Tuesday, January 22, 2002, at the Swan-Law Cascade Chapel. Internment will be at the Memorial Gardens Cemetery, 3825 Airport Rd., Colorado Springs.
    In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimers Association, 2930 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Ste 101, Colorado Springs 80918.
    We, the wife, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, wish to honor the memory of our beloved father and grandfather. His life was a shining example of honor, nobility, patriotism, love for family and country, and enjoyment of life. We will cherish our memories of him. He will always live in our hearts.

I miss you,

Roger

Otto likes this.
  2. whitf0119

whitf0119 recruit

My name is Rich Whittaker...I am trying to learn more about my Grandfather Ralph Whittaker who was in World War II and flew in the 452nd Bomber Group. He died before I was born but I was given his book/diary "My Life in the Service." He lists in this book under "My Buddies" ...Donald Zeine...Peoria, IL. I believe that my Grandfather and your family member were friends. I hope this message finds you rich.whittaker@comcast.net

Biak likes this.
  3. Biak

Welcome to the forum Rich, PM on the way!

4. Biak

:poppy:

It has been over ten years now. Rest in Peace

to you and Aunt Madelyn

5. 693FA

693FA Member

Thank You Lt. Col. Zeine!

6. Biak

7. Biak

14 years. A lot has changed. But it's still and always will be your cabin.

8. Biak

9. Biak

Haven't put down words for awhile but never stop remembering Uncle Don.
    It doesn't seem possible it's been 19 years.

10. Biak

22 years and still thinking about the good Times.

CAC and OpanaPointer like this.
  11. Biak

We all become wrapped up in our little world and today I found out why I haven’t been able to connect with my cousin Debbie. Debbie was uncle Don’s daughter and died in June of last year. Life getting in the way is no excuse for losing track of those you care for and today is another day I begin (again) to reevaluate my life.
    Memories only last for as long as we live. Grab the Day and don’t ever let loose.