Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Luftwaffe At War

Discussion in 'ETO, MTO and the Eastern Front' started by C.Evans, Sep 30, 2002.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Luftwaffe Aces Of The Western Front by: Robert Michulec.

Some VERY nice stats in this book and some VERY nice pics too.

This book has TWO Heinrich Hoffmann Press photos in it that I now own the originals to. One is a pic of Hitler and Hptm Wick.

The first of my twp pics is on page 19 and only shows 1/2 of the pic. This pic is of Werner Molders and is the one in which Peppy had made an avatar from. What you dont see in this pic is the Luftwaffe Leutnant War Correspondant interviewing Molders.

Page 33 is the one with my Hitler and Hptm Helmut Wick photo. This is the pic that Peppy made an Avatar of Hitler from--this is used by Friedrich. This pic takes place at Hitlers Berghof--and Hptm Wick was listed as missing in action just a few months later.

Other notables pictured in this book are: "Der Stern von Afrika: Oberleutnant Hans-Joachim Marseille, Wilhelm-Ferdinand Galland (One of Adolfs Brothers) Adolf Ferdinand Galland, Hptm Wilhelm Balthasar, Josef "Pips" Priller, Hptm Walter "Gulle" Oesau, Hptm Hrabak, Oberlt Philipp, Hptm Joachim Muncheberg and Hptm Heinz Bar among others.

[ 30 September 2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

2. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Sounds pretty good? Could you tell us more details about it? Getting it would be nice... That way I could come and teach Erich a lesson... [​IMG] 'Friedrich, Luftwaffe expert' HA! I did have a laugh on that one! :D

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I havent read it yet but--it looks OK to me. We'll have to wait till Erich B. gives us his opinions on it. His opinions on stuff is as good as gold is to me. :D