Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

M8, M29 & M2.

Discussion in 'Armor and Armored Fighting Vehicles' started by SKYLINEDRIVE, Aug 18, 2013.

1. SKYLINEDRIVE

SKYLINEDRIVE Member

I recently had the luck to hitch rides in an M8, a Halftrack and a Weasel.
    Thought I might share the videos with you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave55, O.M.A., George Patton and 2 others like this.
  2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

You lucky bastard! :)

3. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

How do you go about shipping vehicles over there for a few weeks and then bring them back? I trust that I can't drive through the Ardennes with a Canadian license plate. I'm tempted to send my Willys MB over there instead of renting a car ;)

4. SKYLINEDRIVE

SKYLINEDRIVE Member

I don't think that it would be problem if you shipped your Willys Jeep, you would just have to check with your insurance company that you insurance covers the countries you travel through.

5. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

My god. Raw first-person video + audio of WW2 vehicles. No awkward music to obscure the engines, no special effects to muddy the view from the driver's seat.

Pure gold sir. Thank you.

6. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Vehicles are bought and sold on international auction sites with some regularity, of course with good paper work and probably a shipping agent to handle customs and actual shipping., Now days cars go into a container, not new Mazda's. but individual cars .u have to have ample time, money and patients. That is for vehicles that will fit into a container, and M 8 might need to go differently . But a Mark V was shipped from Poland to California . Something as simple as a Jeep could go to Antwerp with ease. If u plan and have the coin. A mounted active M 2 might cause some delay.

If you do not live near the coast there are lots of car carriers that special in getting your car where you want it.

Gaines