Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Mateship – Australia & USA: A Century Together

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by CAC, Jul 8, 2018.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Was watching tv on the weekend and I came across an interview with Mike Munro...a respected journalist in Australia, who like me, realised that Australia and the US have fought together now for a hundred years...and this deserved a documentary....from what I can gather it starts at WW1 where the Aussies mentored the Americans on the battle field...and goes through Vietnam and finished with Iraq and Afghanistan....great stuff.

Mateship - Australia & USA: A Century Together | Mateship - Australia & USA: A Century Together | History Channel on Foxtel

For a century the United States of America and Australia have fought together in every major conflict, one of the longest alliances in modern history. Hosted by acclaimed Australian journalist Mike Munro, this documentary and featurettes will explore our long friendship, forged in battle, shaped also by deep exchanges of ideas, art, people and trade.

Takao likes this.
  2. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

Can't see it here in the U.S. Maybe one of these days our History Channel may show it.

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

The link does have the featurettes attached...small exerts.
    Not even sure its been finalised yet...From what ive seen there are plenty of insights...