Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Mauser 7.65 pistol

Discussion in 'German Light Weapons' started by Mauserman, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Mauserman

Mauserman New Member

Need help. Recently found documentation from my father's WWII material of the two pistols he was authorized to bring home (dated Aug and Sept 1945). I remember seeing them when I was very young, and am trying to locate the Mauser 7.65 cal pistol, Serial Number 44542. Looking for any help trying to locate the pistol. Thanks.

2. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunetly the odds of you finding that particular serial number are next to nothing. Given the description this would be a Mauser M1914 pistol, of which (including the numerous variants) approximately 600,000 were produced.

I wouldn't expect to find that particular pistol. However, if you wish to attempt it, place your post on multiple American gun forums. You *might* get lucky if the owner is computer-savy and happens to see your post. You could also try browsing past online sales for Mauser M1914 series pistols.

3. harolds

harolds Member

Excuse me Mauserman, but there are many different Mauser pistols used in WW2! If you are referring to the 7.62 auto we call the 32 auto, then the most likely Mauser pistols are the Model 1914/34 or the HsC. If you google these two pistols you probably will see the one you remember. Hope this helps! Finding one particular pistol would be much harder than finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.

4. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

According to the serial number from the OP (44542) it would be a Mauser M1914. The M1934 serial number range began where the 1914 series left off. The HsC range continued where the 1934 series left off.

No other 7.65mm Mauser handguns come to mind.

5. harolds

harolds Member

I have both a 1914 and a HsS. The '14 is kind of neat. You can release the safety with a quick jab of a button. The HsC is a better pistol with a DA/SA mode. It was designed to compete with the Walther PP series.