Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Merkel Apparently Fears Devastating Defeat of the Ukrainian Army

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Bundesluftwaffe, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Go find a life LJAd. And find the question mark,too. Or did you eat it?

2. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

You really should learn how to use the quote button...

This is my earlier post:
    "You don't seem to understand the difference between people liberating/trying to liberate themselves from an alien power in their own country/area, where they have "always" (hundreds/thousands of years) lived - like e.g. the Finns - and people, who are recent newcomers and/or occupiers in an alien country, like mostly the Russians in Ukraine (Crimea naturally included) - or in any other country for that matter. Stalin's forced transportations of people or gifts to his lackeys do not give any rights to the newcomers over the original population.

Your examples are thus not relevant to the situation in Ukraine. And FYI: the Alsatians did not choose to be annexed by France.

If the Russians in Ukraine do not want to live in Ukraine any more, they are free to move BACK to Russia, but they do not have the right to split Ukraine - which is what Russia wants, not the majority of the local people. Unfortunately they are not being asked for or able to openly tell their wishes, since the local thugs and the Russian army rule ruthlessly."

1. The difference of course is, that the majority of the Texans chose to be part of the USA, but the Russians in Ukraine are mostly being used as excuses by a foreign power - Russia. The hole war in Ukraine was imported from abroad (Russia) - unlike in Texas.

The Spanish presence in Mexico is older than the Russian population in Eastern Ukraine.

2. The Alsatians are neither Germans nor French, or they are both, but they are of Germanic origin. They have been annexed from both countries during the centuries.

3. No, that's not what I mean. Surely they can and should speak up - which they can not do now! What I mean is that the few local pro-Russian thugs and the Russian army can not use the hole population as an excuse to wage war.

3. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

We don't know what you are trying to say then.

Actually the Swedish speaking minority have MORE rights in Finland than the rest. E.g. they have quotas in Universities, which makes it EASIER for them to enter than for the rest of the population. Also everybody else (94,7 %) must also learn Swedish in schools. The Aland islanders (Swedish speakers) don't have to go to the army. The Swedish speakers political party has been in almost every government etc.

No, you are just trying to make it look like that.

Not all Russians are bad. Just the Russian government and those who support it.

My opinions are justifiable and not only mine. The Finns and the Russians in Ukraine are not comparable.

The Russian minority did not revolt and they were not discriminated. That's just a typical Russian hoax - á la "the suppressed Finnish peasants and workers welcome the liberating Red Army". Nothing new under the sun...

Naturally after the USSR invasions there were always "general revolts" and "spontaneous demonstrations" against the previous government/ruling population/system... :)

Crimea had a Russian majority just by a cat's whisker before the annexation. In a couple of years the Tatars and the Ukrainians would have been the combined majority. Both of those ethnicities preferred to remain as part of Ukraine.

Crimea belonged to the Tatars - the original (existing) population - for hundreds of years. Russia has no rights for Crimea.

4. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

Unfortunately run out of salutes...

5. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

In reality the share of the ethnic Russian population in Crimea was only just over 50 % just before the annexation! After the last, over decade old, census the Russian (and the Ukrainian) population had been diminishing and the (still returning) Tatar population increasing.

6. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

It is obvious that you are not objective but biased :you are driven by your hatred for anything that is Russian.For you time has stopped on 30 november 1939.You prefer to live in the past and to cherish your hatred as if it was a treasure .It is an unwise decision,but it is your choice .

So be it .

7. lwd

lwd Ace

Pot calling kettle. It is possible that Karjala came into this with a significant bias but not all of us did by any means and most of us have come to similar conclusions. As far as biases go you have remained incredibly consistent in displaying yours to the point where, either due to inability or unwillingness, you clearly don't understand many of the issues of import to the topics under discussion.

Looks like a lot of diplomats familar with case don't exactly side with Russia either:
    http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/2015/07/09/osce-resolution-vote-condemns-russias-actions-in-ukraine/29916625/
    96 to 7 vote condeming Russia's actions in the Ukraine.

8. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Those numbers might not be as big as the ones that re elected MrPutin as Man Of The Year , 15 years in a row.
    MAN OF THE YEAR, 15 years straight. Amazing, that there are no other worthy men...some competitors end up dying though, which is only natural. Eligible contestants have to be alive, so it is a fair game.

9. Takao

Takao Ace

When you are the only one voting, winning is easy.

10. lwd

lwd Ace

Bund seems to have checked out but given his posts like this one:
    I wonder just how he would respond to this article:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/15/politics/mh17-pro-russian-missile-crash-ukraine/index.html?sr=cnnitw
    and, as will likely be the case, the final version which likely won't vary much from what's reported here.

11. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

Yes, for sure I'm biased!

I'm biased towards democracy instead of tyranny
    I'm biased towards freedom of speech instead of censorship.
    I'm biased towards freedom of press instead of propaganda.
    I'm biased towards keeping ones words/promises/treaties signed etc. instead of breaking them.
    I'm biased towards living in peace with ones neighbours instead of attacking them.
    I'm biased ...

I hope you got my meaning!

I definitely don't hate EVERYTHING Russian! I'm a great admired of e.g. ballet, Russian ballet included. I enjoy classical music, also by many Russian composers. I know several "good" Russian individuals personally. I admire many Russians I don't personally know, e.g. the staff of Novaya Gazeta. I like Russian cuisine (mostly) etc. etc. I even dated a very nice Russian (well, a coctail of several ethnicities) girl for a while!

Still I have to admit, that in general it seems, that the centuries of living in a dictatorship and the "reverse evolution" during the soviet times have left their marks in the Russian population - and not in a good way.

And about the time being stopped: I genuinly believed in the 90's that Russia was finally in a way of becoming a normal country. Unfortunately I - as so many others - was wrong. That grim realisation has nothing to do with the 1939 - and definitely was not MY choice!

SKYLINEDRIVE and edhunter76 like this.
  12. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

13. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

Very unwised attitude :it's as if I hear talking the present inhabitant of the White Hous.

14. Takao

Takao Ace

Malia and Sasha Obama? Or, Bo, the "First Dog."

Because, you certainly are not talking about the current POTUS.

15. lwd

lwd Ace

That's consistent. You seam to read things that no one has written. Hearing things that no one has said isn't much of a stretch.
    Based on your postings todate if you don't think that something is wise it almost assuredly is.

16. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

You are living in the past,in 1939 .You refuse to admit that we are in 2015.

Who is finishing every post with:

The idea of a concentration camp is execellent (Stalin)

We do not want a single foot of foreign territory (Stalin)

I repeat that it is in the interest of the USSR that a war breaks out between the Reich and the capitalist Anglo-French block (Stalin )

Besides,the last one is an invention of the French propaganda .

Maybe you don't know : Stalin died in 1953 .

17. edhunter76

edhunter76 Member

You really seem to have serious problems understanding what people are saying. Sort your problems out before you spout your arrogant nonsense.

18. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

The answer of a liberal interventionist .

19. SKYLINEDRIVE

SKYLINEDRIVE Member

Well Stalin is dead, so is Schicklgruber...but Adolf Putin is alive and I can't see any big difference in between the three. If Russia wants to play the pimple faced teenager with a huge inferiority complex, who thinks that jerking off over a copy of Playboy is a sign of virility, and pushing around a five year old kid from Kindergarten is manly, suit yourself! But don't think that anyone will take you serious!

20. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Well, you effectively proved his point without even knowing it.