Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Metal Tracks

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Bish OBE, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

I've finally gotten round to starting my Tamiya Production Turret Tiger II :D . As well as using an aluminim barrel for the first ime, its also the first time i've used metal tracks ( on a model anyway).

If anyone has not tried them yet, i highly recommend them, providing you don't mind the cost. These things are great.I cannot speake well enough about them. Having had plenty of experiance putting together real tracks, i can onesly say these things are perect. They look, feel and move just like the real thing.

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I have done some armour modelling from time to time, and I must admit that the tracks are often the most difficult part. Metal tracks seem to be my solution from now on. I would love to see the finished product Bish. [​IMG]

Nice Avatar Bish, a new one I don't recognize, Peppy has been busy again I see.

3. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

I am going to write a review for the WWIItech site, along with photos of the project as it goes. Won't be finished untill the end of the year though because of my trip to your side of the pond. I've done the individual links that come with kits. But these things are alot easier, and they move like the real things. Only put off is the price.

Ye, Peppy has done well. I sent him one of Rudel with his flying helmit on but he could not use it. I am going to re-scan it and send it with a couple of Wittmann.

And i beat Carl to getting Rudel :D

[ 15 July 2002, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Bish OBE ]