Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Militaria/Antique shops in London?

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by colletorww2, Jun 14, 2009.

1. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Im going to london this fall and i was wondering if there were any good Militaria/Antiqye shops in London that i should visit. Anyone know anything?

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi there, not that im trying to sound rude to you but-someone else already started a thread a few months ago-asking the same thing. I know there were a few replies to it because-I had mentioned that they should try looking up Malcomb Gordon who has/had, an establishment on Portabello Road. You can try looking for that thread or try googling his name and see if anything comes up? Other than that, I do not remember what else was posted but I would swear that there were other London dealers mentioned.

3. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Ya, i thought there was another thread, but i wasnt so sure, and i looked for it, but i didnt see it. I will take a look.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

No problem and you might want to ask Kai, SKipper, Erich or one of the other mods. These guys are the thread-finders.

5. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

C.Evans likes this.
  6. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Ya that's the one.

7. Henry G

Henry G Member

I was in London this past December and accidentally ran across Gordon's Medals. Really friendly staff working there at the time and the prices seemed reasonable at the time due to the exchange rate moving more in my favor. I don't have many items in my collection but I did pickup a nice Iron Cross 2nd Class.

It's interesting to check out his website from time to time just to see the interesting things he has for sale.

Gordon's Medals Ltd
    Stand G14-16
    Grays Antique Market
    1-7 Davies Mews
    Davies Street
    London
    W1K 5AB
    United Kingdom

CoCollector.co.uk | Collectables, World War Memorabilia, German Militaria, Medals...

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Gordons go some interesting things for sale. If I had the funds now-i'd be buying that Hollowback GAB-which are rare and hard to get. I have one of each but could """"always"""" use another example.