Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Military History Discord

Discussion in 'Military History' started by WASDA10, Apr 21, 2017.

1. WASDA10

WASDA10 New Member

Are you interested in military history? Then this discord is the place for you! We are a fast growing discord server created by a bunch of history geeks that love to spend their free hours discussing stuff that happened long ago. Anyone who is even slightly interested by war and history is welcome.
    What do we offer?
    -Ranks
    Rise through the ranks simply by being active and contributing to the server. Excelling in a subject may also earn you a Honorary rank. On top of that medals can be earned for completing missions.
    -Missions
    Often missions will be posted that can be completed by anyone to earn medals and reputation. This often includes explaining a certain battle, war, hero or even the history of an entire nation. Like this we don't only learn a lot ourselves through research, but we also teach each other.
    -Sources
    Pictures, art, music and interesting links are posted on a daily basis.
    -History Lessons
    In the weekends history lessons are organised in the voice chats, in which someone explains a certain topic to the rest of the group.
    -Friendly community
    Need help with homework? We're here for you. We're quickly growing, but still small enough for you to personally get involved.
    So what are you waiting for? Join now: Discord Give it a shot! Maybe you'll like it maybe you won't. We certainly hope you'll stick around and enjoy what we have to offer!

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Does it cost to use this?

3. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

So is this more for educator use or a forum?

4. WASDA10

WASDA10 New Member

Discord is a free program, you can download it here: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
    Then just click on the link in my original post and that's about it.

It is a sort of collective learning group in which you can test your knowledge and share it, or have discussions with other members. There are also people sharing pictures, maps, flags and links where you can download interesting books about military history. There's a lot you can do so be sure to check it out. It would be the only way to see whether i's something for you.

5. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

You mean it's like an online forum for the discussion of WWII topics, posting and sharing of WWII images, and other WWII research activities?

It sounds like a great place to promote this website, I think I might head on over and do that. :D

6. WASDA10

WASDA10 New Member

Well it's not exactly a website, more like a chatroom. I get the irony though :D