Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Miracle at St. Anna

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by JCFalkenbergIII, Aug 29, 2008.

1. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Im disappointed that it really doesn't address the role of the 92nd like every thinks it does.

2. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

And now it will drop off into the bin of time. The hype is over and it was found lacking.

3. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

I just finished Blood for Dignity (after having started it a couple of months ago. Really a good book and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in the experience of black American soldiers during WWII.

4. Wolfy

Wolfy Ace

I went through my copy and it. It honestly doesn't look good enough to watch.

1. Bad acting-even the leads and the Germans look bad
    2. Spike Lee is clearly not a real WW2 buff.
    3. Film has a continuous made-for TV movie feel to it.
    4. His battle sequences are so bad, they look like amateur reenactments.

5. bigfun

bigfun Ace

After behaving the way he has, I refuse to go see any of his movies anymore. I'm not giving any of my hard earned cash to that little goober.

6. dead_celeb

dead_celeb Member

I just watched the trailer and couldn't believe the inacurate German equipment. I thought we had moved past all that since Saving Private Ryan set the bench mark for contemporary war movies.
    It is particuarly ironic given Lees statements that other people should learn their history!

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Scott, well-said and my sentiments exactly. I noticed that at least the local Wally-Worlds (aka) Wal-Marts-here in Houston-at the two I have been to-both stores have huge displayes of spiked leeches movie. I also laughed when I overheard a store employee saying something about not having enough shelf space to place all the other movies they are supposed to shelf-because spiked leeches movie is five rows down and 7 rows wide-with every space containing at least 8 copies of his movie per space-and even in this town--that movie is only gathering dust.

Well said Dead Celeb!

8. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Well . . . . my wife and I both finally watched the movie . . . . and we loved it. Admittedly, I am not as in tune to the hardware subtleties that many of you have pointed out but, as a story, I found it quite compelling. I was certainly more than willing to suspend my disbelief for the rather lengthy 2 hours and 40 minutes of the film. Also, I felt that Spike portrayed his characters realistically for the time period. I recommend the film and now await your slings and arrows!

9. Kruska

Kruska Member

Hello David,

I wouldn't say I loved it - too many Germans dead :D

But I do agree with your comments on this movie - Sorry ... but I got to rush off now and hide.

Regards
    Andy

10. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Andy -- Yes, there were too many humans dead but at least we got to see multiple diminsions and perspectives before they died. The killing is not what we loved, of course. The development of the relationships is what captivated us. I am glad that I am not alone in having enjoyed this film.

Cheers!

Kruska likes this.