Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Modeling the B17 cafero

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Prospero Quevedo, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Ive always liked the b17 must have been all those war movies I watched as a kid, Air Force, twelve o'clock high movie and series. Crown revell, academy, mini craft, all had copies that were the same, but something just didn't look right I finally scaled it and it's short in length and span. Cafero and Floyd have a new one looks perfect or at least right, not too crazy with the way cafero did the wing attachment not really solid, the plane was pre painted so glueing and sanding will mean reprinting maybe I'll get a decade set and bite the bullet and just do it. The ftoy they did it joint different looks good and is solid. I'd like to try maybe trying to combine the two to make one perfect kit. I have like two ftoy kid and I think I still have five cafero I originally had five and sold my extras. I would like to convert one to the early b with the thinner tail just for kicks and do the gun ship even though they were dropped they just look kewl with all,those extra guns every gun position was made a double and that second turret on top just looks crazy. I would really love to find the raw kits they had some from Cafero for a brief time don't get what happened to them can't find any i was only able to get two he111h16s that's all I could find that had other kits but I could never find any place that had them even overseas. Oh well kits come and go and get reissued so maybe some day they come back or another company will do a newer one hopefully better and more detailed.

Half Track likes this.
  2. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun

3. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Minicrsft has been redoing some of their older stuff, maybe they do a newer b17 kit that's more to scale and goes together better. Also it would be great if they did the early thine tails a/b/c and the later production models the e/f/g. That or maybe someone will kit the cafero raw model. As I mentioned I was only able to get the he111-16 but they had a bunch of others like the f4j, a4,crusader and others.