Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Mussert Bravery Cross

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by Kai-Petri, May 3, 2006.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Just found one being sold in a Finnish net site. ( not the ones in the picture though )

[​IMG]

The Dutch Nazi Party "NSB" instituted a special Bravery and Merit award for NSB members in German Service

HereĀ“s some background as well:

http://axis101.bizland.com/DutchAwards5.htm

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

I never heard of that. I am sure that is a hot item amongst Dutch collectors. But I won't try and burn my fingers here; A few years ago I knew this guy who went into collecting Dutch WW2 militaria. Started buying stuff because he thought that Dutch medals and stuff were a niche market and thus not many repro's would be made....Well, after a year and a half or so and spending many a euro he got in contact with a veteran collector who checked his stuff out and told him that 80% was fake! Seems that a lot of repro's come from Poland.

I'll see if my Dutch books say anything on thi smedal...

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Yes, and Russia. They have also dug several places where soldiers from both sides were buried and try to sell even almost 100% rusty medals to tourists.

4. Fortune

Fortune Member

quite interesting kai

5. Miller

Miller Member

Interesting find, looks like it would be a fine addition to the collection. To be honest I didn't even know there was a Dutch Nazi Party.

6. volkbert

volkbert Member

Hi Kai-Petri,

This medal was for Eastern front soldiers. Hitler didn't allow the medal to be worn on combat tunics. I am not sure it was awarded, at leat it was not awarded much. Most of these medals were found after the war in boxes. I know a man who had 250. There are pictures of the finding.
    These medals cost from 250 to 450 euro. Depends on the state of the medal and if it is cased. Some say there is a variant without swords but no one has ever seen one.

7. RichieK

RichieK recruit

They make some pretty good copies of these things. Yours looks alright but I can't be sure from those photos.

Richie

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

This is the " 1940 May Campaign" reward the Germans gave to Dutch Nazis. it is genuine and I even have the original box that comes with it. I suppose it's quite rare

[​IMG]

[​IMG]