Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My finds near a German Airfield

Discussion in 'Battlefield Relics' started by colletorww2, May 31, 2010.

1. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Last week i was told by my neighbour that he knew about 2 dump sites near a German airfield, he marked it on the map and he let me borrow his metal detector, after 2 minutes i was able to find the dump site, there was a lot of metal and stuff sticking out of the ground. Most of it was dumped post-war, but i dug this food container and an oil drum(Pictures will be provided when i get home in about 2 hours).

And there is barbed wire underneath that area, which would probably mean they have dumped the "Good" stuff under that, i might be going back there today and i hope to get some pictures.

Longer into the forest there was something that looked like a crater, and after a while of searching i found out that it was the remains of a house that has been blown up(We found remains of the roof and a lot of bricks).

2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

pics to follow, vegar?

3. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

A bit delayed, but here we are(I will try to get some photos later today of the dump site):

[​IMG]

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

nice finds, I recognize the typical Norwegian collective canteen that was used by the Germans throughout the war, including outside Norway.

5. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Posts like this one always get me wishing! The only thing I've been able to find are a few rusted bolts and a log spike from an abandoned logging camp. I'm jealous, envious and waiting for more! Thanks for sharing and be careful digging around, you never know what might go "BOOM"!