Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My Generation Scares Me.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by TexasRanger, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I have to agree wholeheartedly "MY Generation Scares Me Too"! If one sits back and takes a look at the current state of affairs I'm concerned about what your Generation will have to work with? Let's face it, it is My Generation (Baby Boomer), that controls the Country right now and allows the actions to take place by Your Generation. It is My Generation that has put greed before worth, bases consumer prices by speculation rather than actual costs, and too many follow the adage of borrowing is good. Not wanting this thread to end up in the stump I'll stop here before I mention politics.
    One thing to remember; We hear the 'horror stories' of today's generation but like another old adage: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Or oil, in my old age I can't remember.
    I do believe this, there are far more responsible, respectful and patriotic members of Your Generation than most people realize.

2. Richard

Richard Expert

Well here in the UK a percentage of school children can not string a sentence to together without using the F-word and even more shocking the C-word. As for our politicians there all a damn disgrace and even after been caught out with there expense's there still at it with there corruption and lies.

Twits who can’t stop buying the latest iPod this and that then after six months throw it out because the new version is out, the only difference it’s got a nice green light on it. Don’t get me startled on about Face book and twitter, I rather read a book than watch TV which is full of rubbish pandering to riff raff.

Respect and good standards have gone to the wall and every year it gets worst. I could say more but I find the whole thing very depressing.

Lady Prime and ULITHI like this.
  3. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

My wife works with a 40 year old lady in her office that nice enough, but is just dumb as a bag of hammers. She is also a highly paid state employee (go figure).

The other day my wife told me the term "Nazi" came up, and this woman confessed she had no idea what a Nazi was. A FOURTY YEAR OLD!!!

So, it ain't just the current generation that's going to hell in a handbasket.

4. Sturmpioniere

Sturmpioniere Member

Well, I do cuss a lot haha. Just a bad habit I learned

5. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

Well, sounds like highschool is still the hell I remember it being from way back when. Back in the late 80s/early 90s (graddy-ated in 92), if you weren't a star athlete in one of the "popular" sports, or one of the cool smart kids, or a face-melter in the band (yeah....I'm tired, that's the best that the voices in my head can come up with), you were nobody. And therefore fair game for all. I grew up military, Dad was 22 years career AirForce, so when we finally settled down at our last base, I was going into 5th grade, by which time everyone had formed their friendships and cliques and popularity groups that would pretty much stick with us through HS graduation. So I was an outsider from the start. I didn't do too well in school, due to what I now know to be some of the less-well-known effects of dyslexia (yeah, I tend to wear out the lettering on my backspace key), so I had a very hard time with the rote-memorization that school was back then. I don't remember names/dates very well now, except through constant reading. But, I managed to pass, and graduated #41 out of a class of 420ish. And guess what...I went on to join the Navy myself, working as a nuclear electrician on submarines, while most of the kids that picked on me all through highschool were still stuck in their minimum-wage jobs. For those of y'all here who are still in school (or, like the OP, who are out of school now), just remember this: you are smart. Maybe not able to quote books and page numbers (ala "Good Will Hunting"), but you have intelligence and will not always be where you're at. The kids in every generation who feel this way are usually the ones who end up with the corner office, giving orders to those who thought they were too cool "back when". They're the ones who look at what's happening today, get pissed about it, and GO MAKE CHANGES THAT MATTER. Hang in there. Every road has its share of potholes, you'll come out the other side a much stronger person for having gone through all of this.

The voices in my head are demanding I hit the sack now. And you don't even want to know how many times I've had to backspace to get this out. LOL

Biak likes this.
  6. freebird

freebird Member

I think I know that stuff...

FDR, - Gangsta hip-hop band?
    Lincoln, - Big 'ol boat that geezers drive
    Grant, - when youze get free $$ from the gobermint for chillin in college. :cool:
    Rosa Parks, - Ain't that the park where Smokey bear lives?
    Gandhi - Uber cool fashion designer & Toga party dude.
    Pearl Harbor - Where Lindsay Lohan got her latest DUI. (Or was that Paris?)

Did I pass? :confused:

7. Clementine

Clementine Member

Seriously? I know lots of people who are not all that up on history, as shameful as that seems to me, but she was not familiar with the term Nazi? How is that even possible? I hate to think this is the only source of knowledge, but if you've ever watched television how could you not have heard the term Nazi?

As Richard said so well, respect and good standards have gone to the wall. It continually amazes me that we, as a society, idolize and follow the likes of Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan and show trash on television where people go out of their way to out-do each other in their classlessness, poor taste and violent behavior, and then we wonder why our kids are out of control.

brndirt1 likes this.
  8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Oh well ever since I heard Beethoven is a dog, I lost all my illusions, that's possibly a reason I joined this forum and could meet people who know the difference between neurone and moron.

9. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Haa, hmmmmm Whaaaat?