Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My me262 v2/3 project

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Prospero Quevedo, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

found lots of great pics and drawings as well as a site I've never seen before worldwarphotos.info has lots of good photos. While looking up the v2/3 found a bunch of good info on the v1 might be interesting to do one as well but though the fuselage looks similar from the drawings the canopy seems a little bit farther towards the tail and thinking that's going to be a bit of work still trying to work out the shape from the overhead as the profile looks close till the front of the canopy the nose is larger to accommodate the piston engine and the wings are going to need to be reshape do. Not sure if I should cut them and reangle the wings or grind them down and add plastic where need be. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also saw drawings for further prototypes that never got built as the war ended before they could be built one with the wing slant increased to like our f86 the another with the slant increased more and the engines moved and merged to either side of the fuselage. Kind of a delta wing looking shape. The Germans had slots of projects going but just not enough resources to pull it off and not enough trained pilots to make a difference. They were putting poorly trained pilots in the cockpits while we were training thousands of pilots and training them very well and putting them into the air in numbers the combined axis could not compare. The Japanese were considered a country that trained there pilots well but when they lost getting regular supplies of fuel that dwindled sharply and it said most new pilots only had an average of two weeks of training before being sent to combat many in the late war as kamakazi they say over five thousand pilots were sent out on kamakazi missions thinking they would change the tide of war but it just depleted the pilot ranks and aircraft faster. And the head of the air ministry committed suicide apologizing for wasting so many lives for nothing. Been researching Japanese jets as well the Kika and some other prototypes. An article said they built a duplicate of the me262 but did so with out engineering drawings and though they managed to build it the engines didn't produce the higher thrust needed for its size so while they tinkered with the problems another company decided to build a smaller lighter plane to compensate for the lower thrust engines they could build and they say the Kika was born and a pretty good plane for the time.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  2. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Was looking thrus Japanese jet fighters they had one that looked a bit like the meteor and the k202 is very close to the German plane but from drawings the wings look a bit more sharp on the corners and the canopy looks slightly different and the skid looks a bit more rounded so I think if I get the German model I should be able to do a conversion. What I'd like to do is build the two ohka rocket planes they look pretty identical except the late model had a slightly more aerodynamic nose had a bit of tapper to it while the earlier one was like a round bullet nose.