Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My New Project

Discussion in 'Military History' started by Brayden Allen, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Being a lover of all things history, especially military history, and video games, i'm starting to working on a sort of virtual role playing project where i'm creating my own nation with a military that I can design. For example, the Air Force will be based in FSX, and Navy in a Ship Game such as Ship Simulator Extremes. I haven't decided the other games for the Army or such yet. But, need some help. I need some help and creating the name so I thought I could ask yall. To tell you a little about the nation, it's very similar to the U.S. but the culture is a combination of a few other nations such as Germany, Russia, England, and Scotland. I need help on deciding a name, and also deciding on a National Anthem. So, far my favorite anthem is the German one.

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Love to help but am a little confused...
    You need a name for the army? Or the country/United countries? (presumably the army will have a similar name e.g. The US Army - The Australian Army?) As for anthems...I personally wouldn't use an existing one...too many problems with that and potential players...perhaps use any ditty/song, a favourite perhaps and either just use the music or even add your own lyrics...whatever you choose, remember the copyrights.

3. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

CAC Yes, I need a name for the nation. It's just the "Theme" of the nation is a combination of a few different nations. And for the anthem that's what I was going to do. I'm probably just gonna use the tune of the German Anthem and create my own lyrics.

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Germany, Russia, and Britain? - Vodtoms?
    Kroms? Großbritannien?

5. lwd

lwd Ace

Some friends of mine did something like this and even wrote national anthems for most (if not all) the countries in their fictional world. Most anthems were written with tongue firmly in cheek.

6. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Okay, here's an update. I've done a good bit of researching and have decided on a few things. Of course, as I have said in my other topic about national anthems, the German one is one my favorites and because of the "German Background" of my nation it will serve as the tune for my national anthem. At this point I am unsure about lyrics. I have also decided on a national animal. It will be the Bear, because it is one of my favorite animals and they are populous where I live. The last thing I have worked on is a flag. I'm thinking on a 3 Color Design like Germany or France. However, I am unsure of if I should make it horizontal like France's or Vertical like Germany's. And i'm unsure on what national colors to use. At this point I have though about Red, White, and Black.

7. lwd

lwd Ace

Split the difference and make it diagonal.