Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My oh my, did I find some interesting...

Discussion in 'Prelude to War & Poland 1939' started by brndirt1, Mar 23, 2010.

1. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

My oh my, did I find an interesting selection of documents concerning the Nazi/Soviet pact involving Poland.

The Stalinists in 1939 represented the rape of Poland in the following way: Hitler attacked Poland; Russia became frightened by this act which brought the Nazi army nearer its borders, and therefore marched in its turn to meet the German "enemy" half-way; this prevented Hitler from taking all of Poland and also erected a buffer for the defense of the Soviet workers’ fatherland.

We shall now see not only the truth behind this lie but also how the lie itself was manufactured to specifications.

As far back as July 26 Astakhov, bidding for the pact, offered Danzig and the Corridor on a platter:

As to Poland, he [Astakhov] stated that Danzig would return to the Reich in one way or another and that the Corridor question would have to be solved somehow in favor of the Reich

See:

Ricky Saunders: Inside the Stalin-Hitler Deal (February 1948)

Read the entire thing, that section (4) is in the early portion and there are also documents concerning the British/French approaches to Stalin in their own attempts to contain Hitler and Nazism with a pact between they and the USSR.

behindthelines likes this.
  2. behindthelines

behindthelines Member

Great read thanks .

3. marc780

marc780 Member

since they had signed a non-aggression pact or wereabout to, who and what nation was this designed to impress?

4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

For those who are prone to becoming ill when spun violently:

Uniform Title SSSR v borʹbe za mir nakanune vtoroĭ mirovoĭ voĭny. English
    Title Soviet peace efforts on the eve of World War II (September 1938 - August 1939) Documents and records. Editors: V. M. Falin [and others]
    Published Moscow, Novosti Press Agency Pub. House, 1973.