Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My Stuff

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by TheRedBaron, Jul 24, 2004.

1. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Some of my wargames stuff... hope this works...

[​IMG]

20mm DAK from Britannia minis

[​IMG]

20mm SS Officer and Doggie...

[​IMG]

28mm Assault Group Taliban figure, painted as G.L.A for my 'Command & Conquer - Generals' wargame...

More to follow, including my entire German army, all 400 men and 100 vehicles... If I can be bothered to lay them all out for the photos... :D

2. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

A 28mm Britannia minis Delta team member from their Mogadishu range...

[​IMG]

20mm Britannia minis Bren Gun Carriers...

[​IMG]

:D

3. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

What producers would you people advisefor 15mm WW2 wargame figures? Battlefront I know, what others are there?

Thx!

4. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

5. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Some Battlefront items for comparison...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Must say the Battlefront stuff is really good...

Quality Castings...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Hope that helps.

I play in 20mm but IMHO I would go for Battlefront with the gaps filled by Peter Pig and Quality Castings. The Battlefront Infantry is stunning!

RED

7. Za Rodinu

Thanks RB, I'm a 1:300 man myself (Spearhead) and I was asking on behalf of another guy. But I appreciate your help.

8. Mahross

Mahross Ace

Its good to see that you have sorted your posting probs.

9. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Mahross,

Got an Armorama account as you suggested, did you see the cemetary pics?

ZA,

No probs, how do you find Spearhead? I use crossfire alot and rapid fire, both are good but VERY different, Crossfire is a bitch to get your head round but amazing when you do, plus it works in any scale so try it with your 1/300th if you ever get the chance!

Will keep my eye open for 15mm stuff and let you know but the BAttlefront Range really is stunning...

10. Za Rodinu

Thanks again on Battlefront, Red.

Spearhead is okay as it provides an easy to learn and play game. The rules are rather badly written as they are, and one certainly must not take as gospel the annoying pro-german slant. What everyone does is go to the yahoo group ( http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Spearhead/ but you have to be registered - go ahead as they talk about more than rules and the level of discussion is as high as here ) where you'll find a lot of house rules.

I used quite a few other rules, like Firefly and WRG. These give a good feeling as well, but if you want to play a decent size game, then there is no way you're going to finish a game in a Saturday afternoon. At least SH allows that and more!

As a matter of fact there is a group that does a megagame taking some 20 guys each side, who lock themselves for a whole WEEK in a hotel somewhere in the UK, playing out an entire campaign. And from the reports I read it all makes a continuous and coherent narrative, which says the games run well enough. If I can get the missus in jail for a while I'll be sure to go there for a week myself :D

The mechanisms are simple, as in chess, but the game can be very interesting. It simply doesn't works in small units (one battalion or less - one battalion being a dozen stands), but if you play one regiment or more, then it makes a lot of sense.

11. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Just played the attack on Hotel Britannia at Flushing using the Crossfire rules...

Went down to the wire but the overwhelming British numbers finally proved too much for the veteran defenders! Really good game, the Britiah took an early lead when they wiped out half the German defenders before dawn in a close assault on a row of shops! They were then shot to pieces by dug-in HMGs and a Flakvierling, and fought off several close assaults. As the day went on the Germans benefitted from the daylight more than the stranded Brits running around Flushings streets! However slowly the Brits eroded the German defences and in the last turn launched a company assault on the last remaining German defenders in the Hotel. It was very close, down to the last dice throw, but the Brits took the Hotel...

Good game, the Brits benefitted from the timely arrival of a company of re-inforcements in the last turn! Unfortunately I commanded the Germans...

12. Mahross

Mahross Ace

Yeah they are good. from a cemetary close to you?

13. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

[​IMG]

Hopefully this worked. If it did there's gonna be more.

14. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

NO joy, TA.

Mail it to me and I will post it for you...